50

"Then that's all that matters to me." Roman's eyes went wide in shock as Patton giggled softly. "I can see it in your eyes how much you feel."

"Oh, geez, did they turn pink again?" Patton paused as Roman chuckled. "Virgil had mentioned they had changed colors a long time ago but never explained to what. Did they go back to being pink?"

"Kiddo... They've never stopped changing." Roman just froze up as Patton smiled. "Black, grey, pink, red, and blue... Your eyes were changing with every new thing you said."

"Wait... They were?" Patton nodded and Roman just broke down with this huge smile, his eyes glowing a bright yellow, making the father frown in confusion. "They changing like that again. They're... It's probably because.. Holy shit."

"What? What does it mean?" Roman just laughed as he beamed with such joy that Patton could literally feel. "What?"

"My eyes haven't done that since before the curse, Patton." Patton's eyes went wide as the weight of those words hit him. "I haven't broken it but... The fact that my eyes are... I'm... I'm just surprised that they've gone back to how they were before. As a god... They always changed with my emotions and my thoughts. That's why they were rarely a single color or even one color for too long."

"What does yellow mean?" Roman laughed as he smiled.

"Happy." Patton smiled Roman stared at his hands. "Yellow means I'm happy. To think, I haven't even properly kissed him yet and... He's already doing so much for me." Once again Roman's eyes went a bright pink as he just stared off at nothing.

"And pink." Roman's eyes flashed as he looked over to see Patton smiling. "What does it mean when their pink?"

"Love." Roman melted into his thoughts of Virgil, making the pink shine even brighter. "It means I'm in love."

"You said you didn't kiss him?" Roman shook his head as the pink slowly dimmed back into the black that's been an ever-constant since the call. "Why is that? You said you wanted to get home..."

"Patton, I don't want to go back anymore. I want to be with the man I love. And... I want my first proper kiss to not be about just breaking the curse. I want it to be special. I want it to mean something. I won't kiss him... not yet." Roman sighed she hugged himself a bit in thought. "I won't make the same mistakes I did with Will. Virgil isn't the same but... I don't want to lose him because I was too pushy."

"I don't think you could ever lose him, Roman." Roman smiled as he looked over at the door again. Patton sighed softly as his eyes started to slip shut. "Not if he feels just as strongly about you... as you do about him."

"I hope so... Patton?" Roman frowned as he quickly stopped the father from falling over. "Pat?"

"S-Sorry... I'm... I'm too..." Roman just sighed as he moved off the bed and nodded.

"It's ok, Patton. Let me help you lay down." Patton mumbled a thank you as Roman moved things around again till the man was laying comfortably on the bed. "There you go. You good?" Patton nodded as Roman fixed his blankets around him and let out a soft breath. "Good. I'll let, Virgil know and... You really should get some rest, Patton." Roman turned the light off and headed for the door only to stop as Patton's weekend voice filled the air.

"R-Ro?" Roman paused as he glanced back to see Patton smiling. "Y-You keep m-my son safe, o-ok? Don't l-let my h-husband o-or T-tom-mmy keep you f-from being w-with him."

"Of course, Padre." Roman smiled as he watched Patton go lax. "I'd never dream of letting him down." Roman quietly let the door close behind him only to jump as he was met with the eyes of another, very confused and very angry, father. "Logan! Uh... I um... I was just..."

"Virgil informed me that Patton wished to speak with you alone." Roman cowered slightly as he gave a curt nod. Logan sighed as he ran a hand through his hair and groaned. "I do not approve of you being here, Roman."

"I am aware, and am understanding as to the reason why." Logan frowned as Roman just smiled sadly and stared at the floor. "I do not wish to upset you as I do care about your son but... He made me promise to stay with him."

"And I am understanding of that." Roman's eyes shot up as Logan just glared at him. "Do not hurt him. Do not upset him. Do not make me regret this decision. You may stay on this island ONLY because my son wills it."

"Thank you so..."

"But if I do come to regret it..." Logan's eyes darkened with malice making Roman tense with fear, his black eyes darkening till there was nothing at all. "Thomas won't be the 'father' you'd have to look out for. Understand?" Roman could only nod. Logan smirked with pride over making the exgod fear him so much and he laughed. "Good. I sent Virgil to his room. You may visit him as your promise did entail you never leaving his side. However, There are rules to you remaining on this island and I expect them to be followed."

"Understood, Sir." 

"You may stay with him during the day, but come night time you are not to be in the same room. I can't keep an eye on you if we're all sleeping. Your room will be the one farthest from his at the end of the hall. And I don't want you messing with him either... Virgil is here to see his dad off. So no distractions... and if I see you kiss him I swear I will snap." Roman's eyes went wide as Logan growled. "I don't believe you when you said you love him. I know the stories well enough to know what you did. I don't appreciate you using my son the way you are. So don't..." Roman frowned as realization hit him. Virgil was going to get very mad. "Do I make myself clear?" 

"Separate rooms, no distraction, no upsetting him... and no contact. I'm only here because of my promise... I understand." Logan nodded as he walked into the room leaving Roman there frozen in the hall. "Hey... At least you aren't breaking your promise to Virgil, right?" Roman laughed at himself as he started down the hall. "I just need to find Virgil's room and that's it."