2.81

(TW- Violence, Blood, Death)

"Alex, there's too much debris!" Colt coughed trying to clear his lungs of the heavy smoke and smog that coated every inch of him. Alex just jumped over a fallen bit of wall before melting into the shadows and pulling Colt through the black until they came back out several feet away in the hall. "Alex!" Colt stumbled to his knees making Alex jerk back, soot covering his face making it look all speckled. "I can't... I-... It hurts to breathe."

"Shit. Colt, cover your face." Alex pulled up the Colts shirt lightly pressing it over the other nose and mouth only for the demi to erupt in lung-wracking coughs. "You've inhaled too much." Colt wheezed as Alex pulled him up into his arms, holding him upright so he didn't fall again. "Lean against me, Hun. I've got you." Colt coughed as he let Alex drag him along using his shadows to travel through the debris and flames. "Once we get outside, Roman can make you better. He's your god, right? Roman chose you as his Demi."

"F-Father..." Colt choke out, his voice all scratchy making Alex pale. "Hun, keep your head low, shallow breathes, and cover your face, please?" Colt gave a weak smile before doing as he was told, letting Alex go back to his talking.

"Anyway, since Roman's your god, he can heal you. All gods can heal their demis if it's not too late. And I learned, the closer a demi is to their god, physically, makes them stronger in both power and healing." Colt's eyes widened as Alex nodded with a smile. "That means once your outside... once your back with Roman, everything will be ok. You'll be ok."

"Is that... Is that how you-..."

"Shh... don't talk." Alex quickly cut the other off before using his shadows one last time to break through the debris, finding themself outside. Colt whimpered as his body tried to crash on him, not getting enough air. "Shit, we need to find, Roman."

"D-Dad." Colt whispered making Alex tense up. "Dad-..."

"Colt, I said don't..."

"Dad!" Colt yelled out only making Alex that much more worried.

"Colt stop talking. You aren't getting enough oxygen. You need to-..."

"DAD!" Colt yelled out, his lightning branching off, before he finally dropped, making Alex have to catch him before they both fell.

"COLT!" Alex cried out seeing how the poor demi was struggling just to get one breath in. "Shit. Shit. Shit."

"COLTON!" Alex's eyes shot wide as Roman suddenly appeared, flushed and hands stained with red. "Colt-..."

"How-..." Alex mumbled before Roman practically ripped Colt out of his hands.

"He's my son. I'll always hear him call for me." Roman spoke through his tears as he cradled Colt close listening to how Colt wheezed and choked. "I didn't-..." Roman forced himself to breathe as he placed his hand over Colt's chest letting a small white flame flicker about and seep into the demi's skin. Alex glanced around to see Virgil standing there off to the side with this horrified expression in his eyes. "I didn't know he had my flames." Roman finally managed to say as he noticed Colt's breathing starting to even out. "I know tat demi's get a portion of teir god's power but... Colt was unique. His spark was different... Whereas mine was like a flame, his was an electrical charge. I didn't tink... I should have known. He wasn't prepared to use it." Colt groaned, eyes fluttering a bit, as Roman tried to ease him up to a sitting position.

"I doubt he even knew, DB." Roman flinched a little at the name before sighing and meeting the other's eyes.

"You know I can hear you right." Colt gave a very scratchy laugh as Alex just rolled his eyes, though the dark demi could still see how worried Roman was.