Esmé shook her head. Dean wasn't obliged to do anything for her, but still, he had told her that he'd protect her. Not everything he had said, was a lie, right? It couldn't be. Dean had been sound, showering her in a wave of warmness.

Biting her lower lip, she tried not to break down again. She had cried enough tonight - not because of Dean's true identity. It was the scary nightmare she had continuously seen, which threw her senses and emotions all over the place.

Esmé groaned loudly, ruffling her hair, feeling frustrated. It was time to pull it together. She needed power and energy for tomorrow. She threw her legs over the edge of the bed to get up. Some water would help her relax before she'd fall asleep again. Although she knew there was no way she'd find a way to rest until the sun went up and she confronted Dean.

The moment she grabbed the doorknob, it was twisted, and the door was pushed open from the other side. She stumbled taken aback, looking up to see Leslie - who seemed to have a good cry herself. Esmé watched her, worrying, "Leslie, what's wrong?"

Leslie's cheeks turned a light red, her eyes fixed to the ground. She cursed under her breath, lunging forward. Esmé took a step back, surprised by her sudden show-up but all Leslie did was to put her arms around her Lady, pulling her into a tight embrace.

"I'm so sorry." She murmured, burying her face in Esmé's shoulder.

"Did something happen?" Her lady pulled back, staring at her anxiously. "Why are you up so late?"

But Leslie ignored her question as if she didn't hear Esmé asking. She sighed slowly, "I'm so sorry that I don't understand what you're going through." Esmé's chest constricted upon hearing her words. She remained quiet, waiting for her to continue, "It's hard to watch you go through something horrible. I don't even know what it is. And it's even worse that I can't help you in any way."

Her voice died at the very end as she threw herself back into the embrace. This was overwhelming for Esmé. Pressing her lips together, she patted her friend's back gently, feeling at a loss for words. It was heartwarming that Leslie cared so much for her, but at the same time, it was heartbreaking to see how upset she got over the whole situation. Esmé never wanted it to get out of control.

Then she realised that she was at a point where she began to hurt the people around her and no matter what happened tomorrow, she was ready to put an end to that. 

~~~

After having breakfast with her whole family, Esmé was quick to excuse herself and hurry up to her room. She had managed to rest after Leslie had decided to stay with her for the rest of the night. Now it was time that she went out.

Everyone would be busy with something today. Her mother was out to have tea with her friends again, and her father would be in his office. This was her chance to leave for a few hours.

Her eyes landed on the dress Leslie had picked out for her to wear, but she changed into a more comfortable attire, put on her coat after combing her hair into something that didn't look like a total mess.

She didn't want to waste any more time. Grabbing her bag, she was about to rush out when the door to her bedroom busted open. Leslie stepped inside with a tray in her hands, her jaw dropped, noticing what state her Lady was in.

"Where are you leaving?"

"Why are you up here?" Esmé exhaled deeply, trying to dodge any unnecessary interrogation by asking questions herself. She wanted to circle Leslie, but she was quick to block her way.