Disaster Date Special 5/13

Bakugo's PoV

"Look!" Kirishima pointed off into the distance where a giant cloud of smoke was rising up.

"Y/n!" we both shouted before running off towards where she was, along the way, Sero appeared with Kaminari.

"She must've had no choice but to get people out of the way," Sero shouted as we ran through the panicking crowd.

"Either that or he escaped her," Kaminari added on.

"No, I doubt he escaped," I said, "he's just an asshole who doesn't care for other people's lives."

"Damn, this crowd is crazy," Kaminari shouted as he was getting swept off behind, "guys! I can't--"

"He's gone!" Sero looked in that direction slightly panicked, "should I go get him?"

"Leave him. We have more important problems than dunce face and crowd surfing," I replied, the other guys just looked off in the direction Kaminari went, did a small bow of the head and then followed me towards y/n.

"Whoa whoa--" y/n came flying in our direction as soon as we reached the peopleless place. I jumped up and caught her before she crashed into a stall.

"Oh. Thanks," she grinned at me sheepishly, "I broke one of the rules."

"Don't worry. They were total bullshit to begin with," I growled, "are you hurt?"

"Nah," she shook her head, though I noticed the bruising across her arms.

Bastard.

That's my wife.

(Tomoe doesn't exist in this version of the story)

I glared at him.

"Oi-- clown freak," I stood up and helped y/n up with me, "how the fuck are you still alive?"

"That is the question isn't it?" he laughed madly as y/n answered the phone.

"Yes... please have everyone evacuated... we have the villain here... yes... thank you," she put the phone down and nodded to us, "everyone is being evacuated, we just have to hold back for another ten or so minutes then we can go all out."

"Right," I nodded, grinning as I held my hands out in front of me and started to let them pop with explosions, "I can't wait to tear this guy apart for hurting my wife."

"That's not very heroic of you," y/n, Kirishima and Sero all said in unison.

"Shut up!" I shouted, "just grab him!"

"Alright, alright," Sero sighed before he ran forward, tape shooting from his arms and going to wrap around Shrapnel, however, the villain threw a black disc at him, he caught it and looked at it confused.

"Toss it!" y/n shouted, Sero panicked and I grabbed it before tossing it up as high as I could just to watch it explode.

"Bastard," I growled lowly, "you trying to kill us?!"

"As a matter of a fact," Shrapnel spun around dramatically, "I am trying to kill you! All of you! You all deserve to die for what you did to me!"

I stepped forward, my palms exploding but y/n threw her arm in front of me and shook her head.

"Tell us," she spoke up, "how are you still alive? None of us wanted you to die, we wanted to stop you from committing so many crimes, yes, but death, no. So tell us. What. Happened?"

"I got help," Shrapnel sung out, "another villain chased into hiding by you heroes."

Well that just seems to be a common theme lately so fuck off.

"He healed me up and even enhanced my quirk. I am stronger than I've ever been!" he continued to act like a mad man, "Of course I'm here to get my revenge and wipe some phoney heroes off the face of the earth."

"He's... mad," y/n muttered.

"Totally," Sero nodded before I let out an irritated sigh.

"So now that our playground has been set," Shrapnel threw his arms out dramatically pressing the button on his remote and causing an explosion to trigger from the other side of the park, "let's play a game of heroes and villains, no cheats allowed. Let's have some fun!"

He disappeared in a cloud of red and we all frowned at him, Deku, Uraraka, Mina and Kaminari all appeared at that moment as well.

"Good of you to finally show up," I snarled.

"Sorry, I got caught in the crowd," Kaminari chuckled awkwardly.

"Me too," Mina sighed, "and then we had a press problem."

"Damn vultures," I rolled my eyes.

"Anyway, where is the Shrapnel?" Deku askedd.

"He's laid out his game," y/n replied, "apparently we're playing a good old fashioned game of heroes and villains."

"Any idea where he is?" Mina asked. Y/n pulled her phone out and began flitting through all the cameras.

"He's in the security room," y/n announced.

"That's cheating, Destruction," a voice came through the speaker, "bad, Destruction, you'll get your punishment now."

"Punishment?" we all chorused in confusion before the flashing of red on y/n's shirt caught my attention.

"Y/n!" I shouted, reaching forward to grab her shirt, she looked at me rather startled before watching as I tore the miniature bomb off her shirt and threw it away from us.

"Whoa--" y/n stared at me, "that was close, thanks a lot."

"Tch-- be more careful next time," I glared at her, she smiled and nodded.

"He must've put that on me when he pushed me back," she commented, "that's kind of irritating, I didn't even notice."

"Don't put yourself down," Uraraka said as y/n frowned at her phone and put it away again.

"Security cameras are down and I doubt he's still over there so we need to find him the old fashioned way," y/n told us, "there's enough of us to pair up and split up so we should decide who goes with who."

"I'll go with stupid Deku," I huffed, everyone nodded in acceptance.

"Then I'll go with y/n," Kirishima stated.

"Me and Kaminari," Sero added on.

"Then I guess that leaves us," Uraraka smiled at Mina.

"Yep!" Mina nodded, "let's go then."

"Right," we all nodded before running to the centre of the park and then splitting up in different directions in our assigned pairs.

"Why'd you come with me and not y/n?" Deku asked as we ran.

"Because as much as I love her and I enjoy working with her, my quirk and her quirk will just get in the way of each other while we're in such close quarters. We'll end up hurting each other more than helping," I replied, "what's it to you anyway? Don't you want to work with me?"

"Wh-what?" he gave me a awkward look, "o-of course I want to work with you, Kacchan."

"That's what I thought," I huffed.