33. Advice

<Letty's POV>

It made sense. Once we actually managed to be a couple, things were going great. Dom and I were great on the streets, hot under the sheets, it was perfect.

"Isn't your one year anniversary coming up?" Mia asked, already grinning like an idiot.

"Yeah, I think so, why?"

"What do you mean why?" Her voice got all high and shrill. "This is huuuugeeee, you have to do something. What are you getting him?"

"I'm not getting him anything. I don't even think he will remember. It's no big deal," I shrugged.

I just heard Mia gasped in a shocked way, judging me for my indifference toward cheesy anniversaries. Dom and I weren't a traditional couple, to say the least, we didn't celebrate corny stuff, there were never presents, we didn't go on your stereotypical dates. We mostly fixed cars together or went racing. To most of the public eye, nothing had changed. Girls still threw themselves at Dom, I glared at them angrily but never did anything about it.

--------------

"Happy anniversary," two muscular arms wrapped around my waist, picking me up from the ground. A cute kiss on the cheek followed and suddenly I was being spun around.

"You actually remembered, that's dope." I pecked Dom on the lips.

"What? Did you think I'd forget?"

I raised an eyebrow at him skeptically.

"Okay, fine. Brian told me."

"There it is," I laughed. This was so typical Dom.

"And that's why I am sooo sorry that I have to go."

"What? Why?"

"I am going to Hectors for a party, but why don't you come with me this time?"

He knew that I hated Hector's party. Well, his younger brother Leo's party. It was basically a strip club. Lots of dudes just behaving creepily towards a bunch of girls who were half-naked.

"Nah, I'm good. Really don't feel like getting a lap dance from Tiffany."

"Who's Tiffany?" He asked. I knew that he was being sarcastic, but ugh, it was honestly annoying. "Babe, I'm kidding. You know I love you."

"Sure," I kissed him, pushing the thought of him with someone else out of my mind. He either didn't notice my slightly pissed mood or he didn't care because he waved at me with one quick motion and then hopped into his car with Leon and droved off.

"You're too good for him," I heard someone grumble.

"Jesse, is that you?"

"Yes," he mumbled, shyly stepping out of the kitchen. Looking at him like that, all hesitant like a little kid, it brought a smile to my face. While Leon and Vince had always been older brothers to me, Jesse was like a cute little brother.

"What did you just say?" I asked.

"Nothing."

"Jesse, please. I want to here your opinion."

"Fine." I paused, sighing heavily. "You know Dom's my brother and I would never betray him."

"You're not betraying him."

"I just don't get why you let him treat you that way," he grumbled.

"What do you mean?"

"Letty, you used to be so confident, so independent, and look at what's happened to you now. You're waiting at home until Dom comes home from behaving like a single. And I know that he would never cheat on you since he loves you. But doesn't mean he should be treating you the way he is."

"So what are you saying?"

"I'm saying: What do you want Letty? Is Dom making you happy?"

"Of course," I hesitated. Really? Was I really that happy? The thought of Dom being at a party with the sole purpose to look at chicks wasn't my ideal fantasy. And maybe he could stop swimming in skanks especially after races. To be honest, it could have been nice for us to spend some time together on our anniversary. Jesse was right.

"It's not like I want him to be all corny and bring me roses and shit," I started to tell Jesse. "I guess I just wish that he would show me a little more respect in front of the public. You know? He didn't even tell anyone that we're together. I just... I don't want to be the girl who asks a guy to change."

"Shouldn't he have made the change already if he wanted to be in a relationship in the first place?"

I nodded, suddenly getting really emotional. I could already feel my eyes starting to water. Urgh, I hated when people saw me crying. Jesse noticing hugged me tightly while a few tears fell on his shoulders.

"So what should I do now?" I asked.

"Tell him how you feel. It's likely that Dom just hasn't noticed. He isn't exactly the touchy-feely kinda guy."

"Didn't know you were either," I nudged Jesse in the side. "I can't believe I just took relationship advice from Jesse."

---------------------

Following Jesse's advice, I wanted to talk to Dom as soon as he got home. So I waited up for hours until I heard the door fall shut.

"Hey, Let," Vince hugged me, indicating that he was drunk.

"Letttiicccccciaaaa," Leon growled. He rarely dared to call me by my full name, aware of the fact that if he did I would most likely smack him in the face.

"Leonard," I answered cooly, "where's Dom?"

"He's still at the party, said he would come later. I think he enjoyed the show too much to go so soon," Vince referred to the strippers.

I couldn't believe Dom, he wasn't even going to come home. What an asshole!

-------------------

He didn't think that I noticed when he came home. But I did. I was curled up in bed, trying to sleep when Dom snuck under the covers, putting his arm around me.

I wanted to scream DON'T TOUCH ME. But I knew that starting a fight now would only result in a huge mess.

"Good night, Letty," he mumbled. Kissing me on the back of my head. I hated the fact that I forgave him so easily. Just a simple gesture like that brought a smile to my face and instantly I forgot what I was mad about.