18. Home

<Letty's POV> 

"So? Everything good guys?" Owen smiled at everyone. We all nodded. Owen had accepted the apology very quickly and had put us back on the team. 

He was even sitting at the table eating with all of us. 

"Letty, what's been going on with you?" Mia asked worried as she notices my mental absence. 

"The letter from my uncle just arrived. He invited me to visit him at the base in Texas." 

"Really, Letty? That's great!" Vince hugged me. 

"When are you going?" Mia asked. 

"In a month." 

The boys stayed outside while Mia and I began cleaning up in the kitchen. It was the first time I rambled in months. I told her about the call. Stories about my uncle and his garage. About how he and my father used to joke around in the garden. How he and his wife would always bicker about the TV channel. For an entire week, I was going to be able to see him. 

---------------

"It's Dom, do you wanna talk to him?" Mia asked me pointing to the phone. 

I really wanted to hear his voice and tell him all about my uncle's letter but I was already late for my flight, which was leaving in an hour. I shook my head.

"I have to go," I said, my heart aching for his voice at the same time. 

"She's in a hurry right now, Dom," Mia said to him as I left the house. 

-----------------------

< A week later >

"Why are you grinning like that Mia?" The younger Torreto was staring at me intensely, a grin plastered to her face. "You're starting to freak me out." 

"I just think you're really gonna like this." 

"Like what?" 

A tall, muscular, bald guy emerged from the backyard. His stern facial expression grew softer when our eyes connected. Although his physical appearance had changed a lot -damn did he look fine- the softness in his eyes still shined through sometimes. 

We both continued to stare at each other, unable to speak or move. 

"At a loss of words, Ortiz?" He began teasing me. 

"Ah, and I was afraid prison would change you." 

"Why would you change perfection?" 

I laughed. Still the cocky asshole. Of course. Mia left silently, still grinning. We both dropped our tough acts when we were alone. He stepped towards me tucking a strand of hair behind my ear, before pulling me in for a hug. For what felt like hours we stood there, my head buried in the crook of his neck, his chin resting on my head. 

"Now it feels like home," he whispered. 

"You growing soft, Torreto?" 

He just smiled at my response. It was weird how normal this felt, us being reunited again. Almost as if he never left. 

-----------------------

"What are you doing, Toretto?" I asked suspiciously as he continued to stare at me. 

"You look gorgeous," he says. I smile on the inside but remain a poker face. I wasn't sure how much I could trust him. 

"I mean it," he continues. 

"The only reason you're saying that is because both my boobs and my ass got bigger while you were away." 

"That ain't the only reason," he grins devilishly. I gasp as he steps closer, his body pressed against mine. God, he was sexy.