26. I'm done

<Dom's POV>

"This smells so good," I said to Letty as we both sat down on her bed, ready to eat the pizza we just picked up. She slapped my hand away when I tried to grab a piece. 

"First, where's the vodka Toretto?"

"So, bossy," I mumbled, throwing a bottle towards her. She caught it with her left hand, immediately opening it. Her tilted head told me she wanted me to take a bottle too. I got one off the floor, opening and raising it up with her. 

"To Maria and Christiano," I toasted in honor of her parents, like every year. 

"And to Tony," she added raising her bottle. I loved that she said that. 

We both drank way too much of that vodka before digging into that pizza. We ate in comfortable silence, completely in the dark, like always. 

"I'm sorry for not being here the past two years," I mumbled, afraid to look her in the eyes. 

"I know," she whispered back. I knew that she understood why I did what I did, but I also knew that she was mad at the situation I left her and Mia in. 

"I don't remember my brother," Letty suddenly burst out, holding tears back. 

"What?" I asked confused.

"I don't remember him. I have pictures of him and me, with our parents. And I know that his name is Paulo and he died the same day my parents did. But I have no memory of him." 

She took another gulp from her bottle as if she was trying to drown her guilt. I had never seen Letty this ashamed or insecure.

"I'm a terrible person, right?" 

"No, you're not. Come here," I wrapped my arms around her, pulling her closer to me. She never told me that she had a brother. 

She was sitting on my lap, curled up into a tiny ball, holding on to me so tightly that I was afraid that she might never let go. I didn't want her to let go. 

"You're the best person I know Let," I whispered, kissing her on the head. 

---------------

<Three days later> 

"Go talk to her," Vince ripped me out of my thoughts. I was brought back to reality, the music ringing loudly in my ears, the girls dancing around me. 

"What do you mean?"

"Dude, you've been staring at Letty from across the room for half an hour now, just talk to her. What could happen?"

"She could hit me," I joke, both Vince and I, knowing that her hitting me was a very real threat. 

"She's been looking at you, too, you know?"

"Really?" I smiled, reassured that she wanted to get back together too. 

"Aw, listen to you. You don't want to lease that model, you want to buy. Look at you, you're in love, man." 

I grinned, I didn't even want to hide anymore. He was right, I had loved Letty for the longest time. It just took some time for me to realize that I wanted to be with here. With the grin still stuck to my face, I snuck by all the dancing bodies, dodging hands and legs that were flying around everyone. 

Letty held my stare until I reached her corner of the room, secluded from everyone else. "Enjoying yourself?" 

"Is that really the best you can do, Dom?" She grinned half-heartedly ever since we hooked up, she had been somewhat distant, not laughing at my jokes, rarely including herself in conversations. 

"Are you avoiding me, Letty?" 

"What are you Dom, five? I have more important things to do in my life than run from you." 

What had gotten into her? She knew damn well that she had been avoiding me. "For god's sake Letty, this is the first time I have seen you in the past three days. Ever since we - " I mumbled around "Uh-" How do I put this?

"Since we what?" She raised an eyebrow. "If I know you correctly, and I think I really do, then you will want to pretend that it never happened. And I agree. Let's just forget about it."

She what? She wants to forget about it? "No, Letty, I don't want to forget about it. What happened, meant a lot to me and I know I've done nothing but behave like an asshole to you." She kept staring into my eyes, surprised by my sudden change in mood. I think she was surprised that I was suddenly opening up to her emotionally. 

"Listen, Letty. I want to be with you." There, I finally said it. It only took me three years. 

"Dom-" she was interrupted by the only voice I didn't want to hear. "Babe, sorry for being late, got caught up with Deckard," he paused shortly, before noticing my presence. "Hey, Dom. What's good?"

My eyes found their way back to Letty's which were filled with sorrow. For a second, the loud music muted and I was surrounded by complete silence. Then, I gathered my composure. 

"What's up Owen?" I fake smiled at him, patting him on the back in a friendly manner, wishing that I could punch the life out of him. 

"Gotta say, Dom, you throw some awesome parties, dude." 

"Thanks, I should get back to Vince," I basically stormed away from Letty, not wanting to look at her for a second longer. How could she do this? 

--------------

It was pitch dark outside, and yet, I didn't bother to turn on the lamp. I sat on the steps leading up to the porch, unable to form a clear thought. 

The squeaking sound of the door opening rippled through the silence of the night. Great, someone's here too. I didn't want to turn around. I was glad that the person didn't want to talk, just took a few steps towards me, judging by the sound of the wood cracking. 

"Oh god, Dom," Letty's voice shrieked. I guess, she hadn't seen me. I really didn't feel like talking, especially not with her. 

"Can I sit down?" she asked, the slight fear in her voice audible. 

"Sure," fuck no, I thought. 

"I should have told you about Owen, I guess," she grumbled. 

"Mhm..." 

"But you know, it's not really the relationship we share," she muttered. 

"What relationship Letty?" my voice got louder and louder "We barely qualify as friends. We're nothing." 

"Of course, you were gonna act this way. What was I thinking?"

"I don't know what you were thinking when you got together with Owen. And you're the one acting like an asshole."

"Me?" She stood up. "Why am I the asshole?" 

"First of all, you cheated on your boyfriend, with me. Wonder what he would say if he found out, that I fucked you on the hood of his car." 

She didn't respond. She didn't even move. For a few seconds, I was wondering whether she was still there. "I can't believe you're throwing that in my face." 

"And no, I didn't cheat on him. We were on a break. And also, Dom. You're the one that should be apologizing. For years I put you first. I did everything you asked for. I took care of Mia. I paid for the shop and the house. I called you every fucking week. While you were rotting in prison. And I stayed loyal. But to what? To an asshole, that never even looked my way when his skanks were around? To someone, who always puts himself first? And who wants what he can't have? Sure, now that I was happy with Owen, you want me. But when I was there for you, you didn't give a fuck."

She took a deep breath. "I'm done, Dom. I'm done with you."