48. Disneyland

<Letty's POV>

"Talk to me Dom," I whispered to him, tired of being shut out.

"I always thought I'd be the father of your children."

Me too, I thought to myself. I spent years being in love with Dom, ignored by him, hiding my feelings and when we got together, I had never been happier. It was messy, sure, but it was perfect. Never really thought that would end. But here we are.

"Things change," I muttered, not wanting to be harsh but at the same time making clear that I had no intentions of getting back together with him.

"Do they have to?" He asked with his puppy eyes.

"They already have."

He nodded understandingly.

"So, Elena?" I asked, trying to change the topic.

"Yeah, I met her in Brazil and didn't hate her company. So she stuck around," he grinned at me.

I smiled. I was happy that he didn't end up alone, sheltered from everyone else.

"Deckard?" He asked me, in the same manner, I asked him about Elena.

I chuckled at his antics. An immediate smile came to my face when he mentioned Deck. I just couldn't help it.

"Yeah," I smiled. "It's crazy really. We actually met again the day you got caught and saw each other again in the police precinct. Started talking and never stopped."

His smile had faded completely, a stern and hurt expression on his face. I knew that he would feel jealous and act competitively towards Deck. I understood that it must be very difficult. Still, he could at least pretend to be happy for me.

"So, you just moved on, right after I left?"

That's what this was about. I shook my head at him disappointed. How could I believe that he would ever change? He was the same self-centered, egoistic Dom as always.

"Dom, you don't get to ask me that," I argued as I left my half of the bill on the table.

"That's not how I meant it," he quickly apologized, frightened by the thought that I would be mad at him again. "It's just weird to see my daughter call with him, that's all."

I tensed upon hearing that statement.

"That's not going to change. He is her father and whether you are going to be part of her life or not won't change a single thing about that."

"Does she know that he's not her real father?"

"Yes, she does. And she doesn't care. Just because biologically speaking Tony isn't Deckards, doesn't mean that he isn't her Dad."

He clenched his jaw. He seemed upset by my statement but still nodded in agreement.

"So, when can I meet her?"

"We were going to go to Disneyland on Saturday if you want you can come with us. You can bring Elena too," I suggested. I thought about inviting Dom to pick Tony up from school but it would be better if other grown-ups were there too. Especially Mia who served as a sort of mediator between Dom and me.

------------------------

<Saturday>

"It's going to be alright," Deckard's soft voice whispered in my ear as we stopped the car in the Disneyland parking garage. We had talked extensively about the decision to get Dom more involved, yet I still couldn't seem to relax.

We got out of the car, Tony in Deckard's arms as we made our way to the front gate. Dom and Elena were already there. Where was Mia? Why wasn't she here yet? God, I needed her and Vince. Deckard noticed my slight panic and squeezed my hand tighter. 'I love you' he mouthed to me. I nodded.

"Hey guys," Dom greeted us awkwardly, unsure whether to shake hands or hug us. Elena seemed to have the same problem, fiddling with her fingers nervously.

"Dom," Tony squealed and waved at him. He grinned and waved back.

"Where are the others?" I asked dryly.

"We left at the same time," Elena replied.

An awkward silence followed until Vince, Leon and Mia finally joined us. They immediately apologized for the delay and we went inside. I was glued to Deckard the entire time, his hand never leaving mine. Every time Tony would start talking to Dom, I felt my heart rate increase in nervosity, causing Deckard to hug me reassuringly.

"Mom, can I go over there?" Tony asked, pointing a finger at a rollercoaster.

"I don't know if you're tall enough to ride on that. But why don't you go and ask the lady there?" I suggested. She immediately ran off giggling until she tripped and landed on her face. For a second, she just lay there face down until a cry erupted from her chest.

Deckard and Dom immediately rushed over to her to make sure that she was okay. Deckard seemed to be irritated that Dom went over to her as well. Once I joined them they were throwing each other angry glances.

"Daddy," Tony whined, extending her arms to Deck. I could see the jealousy in Dom's eyes upon seeing that interaction. Deckard whispered something into Tony's ear, making her light up immediately.

Dom quickly left the three of us alone, returning to the original group. I couldn't help but feel bad. I knew that he felt left out and helpless but I needed to remember that the situation he was in right now, was entirely his fault.

Seeing that Deckard and Tony were already talking about something else, I joined Mia's conversation with Vince and Leon for a while before pulling Mia away from the group.

"What's wrong?" She asked.

"Do you think it's weird with Dom and Deckard here?"

"It's a little awkward but we knew that that was going to happen, right? Just give it a little time."