19. Tran

<Dom's POV> 

Letty had gotten considerably stronger to my disadvantage, I realized, as I held a bag of frozen carrots against my cheekbone.  I wonder what had gotten into her to get so mad at me. Maybe she had found out about the girl I slept with. But there was no way she could have found out. 

"Dom?" Leon's voice caused our heads to turn towards the slim figure standing at the kitchen door. 

"What now?" 

"Letty?" He questioned the bruise in my face. 

"Girl went completely loco when she came back," Vince explained. 

"For a good reason. Next time you sleep with someone make sure that it's not Sam." 

"You slept with Sam?" Vince asked. 

"Get off my back. It's none of your business. "

"Sure is Letty's business though," Mia said. Why did everyone have an opinion suddenly? 

"Sam has been a girl that is obsessed with you and annoys Letty since you went to Lompoc. She's like her enemy." 

"It's like Letty sleeping with Tran."

I groaned. How did I get myself into this mess again? 

<flashback>

The few beers that I had were hitting me stronger than I expected. I was sitting on the couch, watching Vince and Leon making out with some random girls.

I had mostly kept to myself this night but I was craving touch. To keep my mind off of things I headed towards the bathroom.

"You were amazing tonight. I'm Sam by then way," a blonde half-dressed skank intruded my privacy as I was washing my hands.

"Thanks," I tried to push past her but she pressed her palms against my chest. Her lips pressed onto mine. For a few seconds, I didn't react. I just stood there, frozen unable to move.

She used my moment of weakness to lock the door behind her and push me onto a chair. My vision was slightly blurred, yet clear enough to see that she was pretty hot.

She was experienced. I could tell by the way she slowly took of her shirt, revealing a transparent bra. I grunted. I don't know whether it was the alcohol or the fact that I hadn't had sex in two years. But I pulled her on top of me, her legs wrapped around my waist, my hands tangled in her hair.

<flashback ends> 

I heard footsteps emerging so I stood up, hoping to explain everything to Letty without her breaking my jaw. 

"Letty-" I said. 

"No. Let me guess," she interrupted me. "You're sorry." 

"Don't be like this," I pleaded.

"What would you like me to be like?" 

"Naked?" Mia spat out, running away as she realised that this was not the time to make stupid jokes. 

"I'm leaving, this is bullshit." Letty exclaimed, leaving me and the boys alone again. 

I sighed and let my body fall back onto the couch again. 

"I can't believe I am feeling more stressed than in prison." 

"It's your own fault dude," Leon mumbled, earning a deadly glare from me. 

"He's right, man. You gotta tell Letty what's up, because whatever you're doing right now isn't fair to her. You know that in the entire two years you were locked up, she didn't fuck around with nobody?" 

Fuck. 

I did it again. I destroyed something special between me and Letty. It made sense that she didn't see anybody else. She visited me every chance she got, we exchanged letters every week and called as often as we could. We did behave like a couple.

"You know that she loves you. So, Dom, if you don't feel the same way, then just let her go. She deserves that," Vince mumbled. 

I nodded in agreement, wondering when the boys grew up like this. 

--------------------

"Yo, my man!" Hector yelled and gave me a fist bump when we arrived at the race. 

"I heard you were back Toretto." Tran stepped out of the crowd. 

He probably expected some lame comeback, but I just shrugged my shoulders. I was too upset with Letty to talk shit with Tran. 

"You haven't been around for so long, you sure you even remember how to drive a car?" 

"I guess we'll just have to see." 

"Everyone, place you're bets!" Hector interrupted us. 

"No, today, I want to go one on one with Toretto," Tran exclaimed, earning an eye roll from the other racers who wanted to participate. 

"What does the crowd say to that?" 

The crowd began to cheer, clearly favouring a battle between Tran and Dom. 

"What are you racing for?" 

"I'll race for the title, king of the streets," I stated, knowing that this would be a safe win. 

"I'll race for her," Tran pointed at Letty, who had been avoiding my gaze the entire evening. 

"No way," I laughed, trying to disguise our history. 

"You in love with her or something?" Tran grinned confidently, sensing that he was on to something. I was contemplating what to answer. If I said yes, I would lose my status in the racing community and probably get laughed at by Tran. If I said no, I would probably hurt Letty even more. 

"This isn't a place for slave trade or human trafficking, so please go live out your creepy fantasies somewhere else Tran," Letty remarked. 

"All I'm saying is that you slept with my sister, I'll someday sleep with someone you care about. Sister or your girlfriend, Let-"

He couldn't finish before I tackled him to the ground, punching him repeatedly. The whole scene started to escalate, fists flying everywhere, screams audible from a mile away. 

Only sirens approaching from the distance caused everyone to scatter and go home.