16. Prison visit

<Letty's POV> 

He smiles and takes my hand into his reassuringly. I smile back. 

"How is everything at home?" He asks, his voice now deeper. 

"It's alright. Mia stopped crying last week, she is still really mad at you."

"Won't come to visit?" He smiles half-heartedly. I am glad that he still talks to me. I know that this place is changing him. Even after only one month I can see him change. Not only has he put on some serious muscle mass, but also his eyes lost the sparkle they used to hold. The adorable smile of his can't be locked out of him and he never laughs that throaty laugh of his. 

"Don't worry about her, she'll come around." Mia is mad at Dom for leaving her all alone. I could understand her anger since I in some way felt like he had let us down too. But I also understood that it wasn't a conscious choice of him. 

"The boys are coming this weekend. I'll be back in two weeks, all right?" I squeeze his hands. He nods. We remain in silence for the rest of my visit. 

-------------------

"We're leaving," Roman, Tej and Gisele yelled from downstairs. 

"No, don't leave," Mia pouts in a last desperate attempt to convince them to stay. But we all know that they have to leave. Ever since Dom left, things have been falling apart. While Gisele had planned on leaving anyway, Tej and Roman joined her since the gang mostly stopped going to the races. 

"I'll miss you," Roman and Tej both hugged Mia. Then they were all gone. 

"And then there were only five," Leon mumbles. 

"Just like old times," I answer. 

"Everyone gather around in the kitchen!" Vince yelled, catching our attention. 

"So, since Roman and Tej left, we need to reschedule our plan for the garage and the café." 

"I think we should hire someone for the café," Mia exclaimed. 

"I agree, but we don't have the money," Jesse voiced. Everyone nodded. 

"I think I have an idea. So just let me worry about the money all right? Mia, you take shifts whenever you can, Vince can work in the garage full-time and Jesse, Leon and I are there in our free time."

"How soon can you get the money?" 

"Two weeks?" 

"That works." 

Mia left the kitchen, probably studying once again. I sighed. She was burying herself in work to avoid thinking about Dom or her Dad. 

"She'll be fine," Leon mumbled putting an arm around me. We were pretty close ever since Dom had left. 

"So, how much money are we talking about?" Vince asked. 

"4 grand in one night." 

They smiled. "What's the catch?" Jesse asked. 

"It's illegal."

--------------------------

"Owen, can I talk to you for a sec?" I asked the new guy who was leaning against his locker. He had transferred to our school a few weeks ago and we had instantly become friends through our passion for cars. 

"Sure, Let, what's up?" 

"I reconsidered." 

"The heists?"

"Yeah, I want in." 

"Sure, I'll come by the garage later and fill you in," he nodded. I liked how he always kept to himself. Didn't talk much. Just said what needed to be said. In a way, he reminded me of Dom. 

"Was he bothering you?" Leon and Jesse came up to me. 

"Stop playing the big brother card," I grumbled. They were so annoying sometimes. Ever since I was fifteen they kept me away from any other male human being. 

"We're just looking out for you, Letty," Leon pulled me in for a hug. 

"God, you're annoying," I grin sarcastically. 

"We love you too," Jesse and Leon both kiss me on my head and leave for their classes. 

"You're so lucky," Sam says. She was this really mean, annoying skank from my class who tried to use me to get closer to Vince and Leon. She basically had a crush on every single boy. Well, every popular boy. Especially, Dom. 

"Yup," I just replied shortly, pushing past her to my next class. 

"I mean seriously, you work with Dom in a garage, how can you concentrate?" She asks me. Uh, how I hated her. But whatever I did, she was glued to my side. 

-------------------

"Was that Sam?" Leon asked at lunch, grinning. He found my suffering very amusing. 

"She really doesn't let go, does she?" Jesse smiled. 

"She thinks Dom was some God you have to worship," I grinned. 

"Don't you too?" Leon grinned, watching me blush by his statement. 

"You're an ass." 

They both laugh. "I did not need to know that," Mia joins our conversation. "But who was the cute guy you talked to earlier?" 

"What cute guy?" Leon asked suspiciously. 

------------------

"That cute guy," Mia pointed at Owen as he entered the garage. Leon and Vince immediately got up, acting like jerks. 

"Is Letty around?" I heard Owen ask. I slid from underneath the car, trying to answer his question. 

"Who are you?" 

"The guy looking for Letty," he answers cooly. 

"You think you're a funny guy, huh?" Vince replies, pushing him a little. 

"That's enough," I shove both Vince and Leon out of my way. 

"Hey, Owen," he hugs me, earning a growl out of Leon and Vince. 

"They like your boyfriends or something?" he snickers.

"They wish," I laugh. "Owen, this is Leon and Vince, the guys I told you about. Vince and Leon, this is Owen the guy I told you about yesterday." 

The mood lightened as I introduced them. Everyone seemed to be cool once they all calmed down. 

"So, I'll meet you guys later," Owen said as he walked away. 

"He's cool," Leon agreed. 

"See, there is no need to worry. But no word about this to Mia all right?" 

"I don't think Mia is our main problem. We can't tell Dom about this," Vince stated. We all nodded in agreement and returned to our jobs.

--------------------

"This is your share," Owen hands me a pile of cash, which all the guys eye in disbelief. 

"But remember, this means you're working for me now," Owen reminds us. We all nod. I never thought I would be doing something illegal. At least not something this illegal. I always thought if I would do something like this it would be out of passion and purpose. Not because I needed the money. 

"I know, Dom should be here too," Vince hugged me, reading my mind.