2. Fight

Dom's POV

Once I had calmed down I bit, I went looking for Letty.

"Eh, Mia. Have you seen Letty?" I ask, noticing that Brian was standing a little too close to her.

"I think she went outside."

I was about to exit the kitchen, when I turned around, tearing Brian a few feet further away from Mia. "That's better."

----------

The hot summer air had faded into the night sky, now replaced with a cool breeze. I noticed a slim figure leaning against the railway of our front porch.

"The party's inside, you know?" I asked jokingly.

"You finally able to speak again, champ? For a minute there I thought you caught your breath."

"You must have been heavily intoxicated to hallucinate like that," I argue back.

"Well, I did drink some. But it doesn't compare with the amount of viagra you must have taken."

She never had been easy to cope with in conversations. Always arguing back, always wanting the last word. In a way, we were surprisingly similar.

I smirk at her comment, swallowing down my pride, a thing that until now, I had never done. For a minute we stand here, side by side, staring into the darkness. Sometimes she takes a sip from her corona, her eyes never looking at me.

"You look amazing tonight," I finally say, the pink tone rapidly reaching her cheeks. Taking this as a sign, I put my hand on her back, pulling her closer towards me. She doesn't resist, so I take her face in my hands and try to kiss her.

My eyes flash open when her palm connects with my cheek, probably leaving an imprint for tomorrow. "Shit, you're really feisty." I grin.

She grins back and walks inside, yelling: "You're lucky it's your birthday. You're off the hook. For now." My smile grows even wider as I watch her step upstairs, disappearing around the corner.

Until now, I had never thought of Letty as a woman. She had always been the kid from down the street who moved in once her father died. She was kind of nerdy, into cars, friends with my sister. I had noticed the admiration she felt towards me since she was ten, but never did anything about it. But now? I don't think I've ever wanted to touch someone this bad. I had to taste her lips. Feel her skin. Touch her body. 

--------------------------------

"What are you doing here?" I asked Letty who was laying underneath her Plymouth Road Runner. It was 10 in the morning, she should be at school with Mia.

"I'm fixing my car. What does it look like?"

"I meant what are you doing here this early. You should be in school." Although I had felt a certain physical attraction towards Letty the past few days, I still behaved like a big brother, feeling a certain protectiveness over Letty as she technically was an orphan.

"My teacher is sick."

I didn't believe her lie for a second. I pulled her out from underneath the car, forcing her to talk to me.

"What?!" She asked annoyed.

"You're cutting school. Aren't you?"

"No. I got expelled."

"Shit," I muttered, both worried and fascinated by the devilish side of Letty. I motioned for her to follow me into my office. I sat on a chair while she sat down on the sofa.

"You didn't ever have sex on here, right?" She asked with a disgusted face.

"Jealous?"

"You wish," she tilted her head seductively. "No, seriously that would be really gross." She jumped up. I rolled my eyes.

"Sit back down. Noone had sex here before, this garage is a holy place." She smiled at my words.

"Tell me what happened," I commanded.

"I got into a fight with some guys from my school. I broke some guys nose and some girls ribs, so the school board expelled me. It doesn't matter, I failed almost every subject anyways."

I smiled at her description of the fight, yet grew worried that she got expelled.

"You're too young. You have to go to school."

"No. You quit high school too."

"That was totally different. I was not a child!" I yelled, trying to talk some sense into the Latina.

"So that's what you think of me?" She asked. "You think that I can't take of myself. You still think of me as that lost little puppy. My parents are gone, I have no family left and now I don't even go to school. You think I can't make it on my own." She whispered, seeing right into my thoughts. I looked down, embarrassed at how quickly she figured out what this was really about. She punched me to the ground, running out of my office. Ignoring the pain, I grabbed Letty's wrist, spinning her around to face me.

"Don't you dare touch me again." She spat at me, slapping my hand away. I grabbed my neck in frustration, yet knew that I was right. Her situation was much different than mine. She was an orphan. She lived with us, but that can't last forever. She should be going to college, getting a real job. Not spending time underneath cars.

-------------------------

Racers were slowly filling the apartment as the music got louder. The party had only started an hour ago, but I was already gulping down my seventh beer. I was still furious at what had happened with Letty, my anger now slowly fading with every sip I took.

"Yo, Vince. What girls you got?" I asked, loud enough for Letty to hear. She had been leading me on for what felt like forever, playing with my mind, torturing me with my own lust. Until now, I had enjoyed the ride, but after the incident in the garage, I was beginning to feel angry towards her.

Vince answered my question: "Girls? Look around. What girl do you want? That girl?" He pointed at a blonde in the corner, "My girl? His girl?" He pointed at Jesse, whose lips were attached to some redhead in a way too revealing skirt. Letty, on the other hand, was wearing skinny jeans. It proved that she had pride and grace. She knows what she was worth and didn't need to show her body off to prove it.

"Oh, I see. You want Letty," Vince yelled, patting me on the back.

"You need to shut up," I encountered, trying to deny it. It had been five days since I saw Letty in that red dress. And ever since, I hadn't been able to get her out of my mind. The image of her walking down the stairs, the dress hugging her in all the right places. The jeans around my crotch got tight even thinking about her.

"I can understand you, bro, she ain't the nerdy girl from down the street no more." He grinned at her, causing my blood to boil. At least she hadn't heard us and was still focussed on her conversation with Mia.

---------------

My lips were attached to some blonde, her lips now kissing down my neck. Out of the corner of my eye, I noticed Letty staring at us, smirking. The blonde noticing my sudden change in demeanour as I stared back at Letty, looked up. She immediately started a fight, feeling threatened by the Latina.