30.Close

<Dom's POV>

I sighed as Letty walked out on me. Once again.

"Can't believe you're actually denying your feelings towards her," Mia's voice emerged from behind me.

"Stay out of this Mia."

"Because it's going so good right now?"

Why did everyone have an opinion on me and Letty? Just let me handle it. Them interfering does not help at all.

"Shouldn't you be studying right now?"

"You're an idiot, Dom."

I scoffed. She was behaving like the typical little sister right now.

"No, you know what? You're not an idiot. You're a scared coward."

"I ain't scared," she knew she struck a sensitive nerve, calling me a coward.

"You want to prove me wrong?" She paused shortly. "Then go upstairs and tell Lett how you feel."

--------------------

So here I was, standing in front of Letty's room, my hand lifted to knock on her door, yet not touching the wood. Mia nodded at me encouragingly, causing me to knock twice.

"Come in," Letty's voice said. I opened the door slowly. "What do you want Dom?" She immediately barked after she saw it was me. I deserved that harsh welcome.

"I wanted to talk to you."

"Go ahead." I sat down on her bed next to her, taking her hand into mine.

"I'm in love with you Letty. And I tried, I tried so hard, to get rid of these feelings. I fucked around, I ran away, I hurt you, and ultimately I hurt myself, trying to prove to myself that I don't need you. Because loving someone, caring about someone scares the shit out of me. The thought of losing you, Letty. Just thinking about it, makes me want to fall on my knees. And I thought, that if I pushed you away, I wouldn't have to feel the pain of losing you. Ironically, that is exactly how I lost you in the first place. And I knew it took me years to realize what I could have understood in seconds, but you've always been the smart one of us. So, I'm asking you if you can give me another chance to let me show you how much I actually care about you."

I don't think I've ever been this nervous. Why wasn't she saying anything?

"Why should I believe you now, Dom?"

"I- ", I couldn't think of a reason. I mean, I knew that I meant what I had just said. But how could Letty?

I hurt her so many times.

<flashback>

Letty had just come back from a night of partying I assumed and came stumbling into the living room where Vince, Mia and I were watching TV.

"Ups," she bumped against the table. "Did you guys move the table?" She wondered, swaying in her step.

"Where have you been Letty, we've been worried. It's three am!" Mia said, rushing towards Letty, helping her sit down.

"Don't be a puss, you're not my mom," Letty replied, her eyes never fixating one point. God, how many drinks did she have? I bet it was because of that Owen guy, he wasn't good for her, couldn't she see?

"You would be a good mom," Letty muttered to Mia, hugging her. Letty usually got touchy when she got drunk. Letty would do the craziest stuff in bed when that happened... She would taste so good...

I bet Owen got to taste her today. That fucking bastard, taking my memory with Letty and turning it into his.

"You promise me that I'm going to be your kids aunt?" Letty asked Mia, already talking about her future nieces and nephews. I didn't like the thought of Mia having kids. Not that she wouldn't be a great mother, no doubt, she would be amazing. But I didn't like to think about the fact that Mia would have to get knocked up first.

"Mia's not going to get children for now, so Letty, why don't you give us an explanation for tonight instead?" I asked, trying to control the rage that was coursing through my veins.

"You know Dom, you kind of look like an egg, when you squint your eyes together," she giggled like a little kid. Vince and Mia suppressed their laughter.

"Letty, that's enough. You're behaving like a kid!" I yell.

"You're not my dad, Dom!" I thought she was gonna get mad, but instead she snorted with laughter, falling to the floor"We've done some stuff family shouldn't do."

Mia's and Vince's eyes widened in shock when she said that out loud since Letty was usually very reserved when it came to her private life. I honestly didn't know what to reply to that.

"Owen and I did some stuff too, but he's shy. But not in a bad way, you know?" Letty started mumbling to herself. It was clear that she wasn't talking to us, her eyes closed, her words barely audible. Yet I had to listen to every word.

"He's fine. Mia was right. He's damn fineeee," Letty whispered to herself. Mia, noticing my growing rage, pulled Letty up from the ground.

"Mia!" Letty gasped. "How did you get here?" Mia shook her head in laughter, she honestly forgot we were in the room with her. "You know? Thanks for bringing me and OweyBowey together, you were right. He is fiiiinnnnn- " before she could finish that exaggeration, Mia jumped in: "You should go upstairs, Letty. "

"Get off the ground Ortiz, you look like a prostitute," I yelled, unable to control my anger. "Your father would be ashamed if he saw you."

Letty jumped off the ground somewhat fast, trying to come at me. She was throwing fists but failed miserably at hitting the target. "What's the matter with you Dom?" Mia started yelling as well. "He's just being a jealous son of a bitch because he always wants what he can't have," Letty muttered, turning around and pulling herself up the stairs.

Half an hour later, Vince joined me in my room, making sure that I wasn't going to say more stupid stuff.

"Bro, you really shouldn't have said that."

I shrugged. "Letty came home wasted, she should have known better."

"You know why she's wasted?"

"Because of that Owen guy who is so finnee?" I quoted Letty.

"No, man. Because she's trying to drink the pain away. The one that you caused."

I didn't want to hear this shit. Vince should just go. But he didn't. Instead, the silence of the house wrapped around us. And that's when I heard it, a little muffled, but still audible, the voice of Mia, trying to get Letty to sleep.

And that's when it hit me. How close my room was to Letty's. How the walls were so thin. And I could hear everything from her room. And so could she from mine.

"You didn't realize how close you two were, huh? How Letty was two doors down when you were fucking some random slut in your bed and she had to listen to it? Maybe that's the reason she always leaves in the middle of the night to get drunk. To stop having to listen to you. I mean fuck, Dom, do you even realize how much you hurt her? "

<flashback ends>

Yeah, I did hurt her in the past. But, I was serious about her.

"I can't turn back time, Letty. No matter how much I want to, I can't. Just know, that I am serious. And I want this. I want you. And I am going to prove it." I kissed her on the forehead, standing up to leave.

"Good night, Letty"

"Good night, Dom"