17. Owen

<Letty's POV> 

"He's so dreamy," she whispered in my ear, giggling. I sighed. He really was good looking, I had to admit.

"Why don't you ask him out?" I ask her, annoyed. She gasps. 

A slap in my arm awakens me from my pissed, subconscious state of mind. "No! I've got Brian remember?" 

"Yeah, isn't like your 6 month anniversary coming up soon?" I grumble, trying to distract her. 

"It's next week! To be honest, I'm glad that Dom wasn't there to ruin it for me, he would have never allowed me to date someone." 

I laugh. He would have ripped off Brian's head by now. Dom had been in Lompoc for eight months now. Mia and I had both turned sixteen. Jesse, Leon, Vince and I had officially joined Owen's crew and Mia still had no clue. 

"Owen is so hot," she whispers again as she catches him waving at me. I roll my eyes. 

"No, I've heard enough from Sam who is constantly daydreaming about Dom, I really can't stand you doing the same thing too." 

"You sound jealous," she chuckles. 

"Shut up," I try to defend myself, but the boys as well as Mia had noticed things going on between me and Dom before he left. They also knew that I hadn't dated anyone since he left. 

"Tell me, if Dom like wasn't here, would you date Owen?" 

"He isn't here, I'm still not dating Owen." 

"Just answer the question." 

"I think he's too much of a softy to date," I try to satisfy her. 

A loud crash interrupts our conversation. The sound of bones cracking can be heard through the entire cafeteria. 

"Fight! Fight! Fight!" Everyone starts to yell. 

My eyes widen in disbelief as I see Owen knock a guy twice his size to the floor. Another guy, tries to grab him from behind but he quickly escapes his grasp and sends him to the floor with a roundhouse kick. 

"He's a softy, huh?" Mia asks me sarcastically. 

--------------------

"Letty!" Owen comes jogging up behind me. 

"Hey, Shaw," I address him with his surname. 

"I'm going to the underground races tonight, you wanna come?" 

"No, I don't really go ever since Dom's been locked up." 

He doesn't answer for a few seconds. "That Dom guy- is he like your boyfriend or something?" 

"No, Dom doesn't do girlfriends, I'm sure you heard," I laugh half-heartedly, trying to cover up the fact that there was something between Dom and me. 

"Okay, so do you wanna go on a date sometime, it'll be fun." 

Wow. I did not see that coming. A date. With Owen. Not  Dom. Uh-

"Uh- no," I blurt out not very subtly. 

"Don't worry Letty, I understand. You're into Dom but he's in Lompoc. So you're just kind of waiting for him. I get it." 

"It's not like that." 

"If you say so," he grins as if he knew I was lying and then walks away.

----------------------

"He what?!" Mia yells.

"Mia, psst. It's not a big deal." 

"It's a huge deal. Oh my God, what did you say?"