Chapter 14: Bato of the Water Tribe

Start from the beginning

It was a sad few moments we had to let everything sink in but a panicked sister ran to us, "Avatar, you must leave!"

"Okay, I get it. Everybody wants me gone."

The sister shook her head while clarifying what she meant, "A group of people came to the abbey looking for you."

I shoot up from my spot, "Who?"

"A fierce looking woman with a horrible monster and a young man with a scar."

"Zuko," Aang and I realized at the same time.

"The beast was using the scent of a necklace to follow you."

"A necklace?" I asked.

Aang gasped, "Katara!"

Aang got out his glider and flew back right away whereas I helped the sister onto Appa and took a little longer. As we neared the abbey, I saw the giant monster I was told of heading straight for Aang, "Sorry, ma'am, this is gonna be a rough ride. I suggest holding on tight." I made Appa dive into the creature to push it away from Aang before hopping off, making sure the sister was alright.

To one side of me Zuko and Aang began fighting and to the other I watched the water tribe siblings get dragged away. Aang can hold his own so I started jogging to Katara and Sokka when an explosion from behind knocked me off my feet. I fell on my stomach and felt achy. Really? I scrape myself off the ground and find my way over to my friends, "What's wrong with you guys? Can't you get up? Are you hurt?"

"It's her shirshu!" Sokka told me, "it paralyzed us with its tongue!"

Just what we need. A disabling, giant mouse who's after us too.

I watch from the sides as Appa gets hit with the tongue of the monster and falls down but quickly gets back up. The two animals head butt into each other as the dark haired woman flips over and whips Appa's back.

At the same time, I shift my attention to the roof where Zuko was charging Aang with fire. After a large blast, Aang easily misses it by flipping to the other side of the prince. With another blast coming his way, the airbender skillfully jumps and bends a gust of wind at the opponent that sends him crashing into a wall. This time it was Aang ambushing Zuko but before he could get a good attack in, the prince slid down the roof.

"I'm starting to get some feeling back," Sokka slightly moved his hand.

"You're gonna jinx yourself," I say as pieces of wood fell onto him making me laugh at the irony, "Wow, I guess that fortune teller was right about your anguish." He just sends me a petty glare in return.

"Give me a hand up, eh?" He reaches out for me and I assist in leaning Sokka then Katara against a wall where they could balance.

A sister brought some type of perfume under their noses which got rid of the paralysis. I mean, they almost barfed after sniffing it but what works, works, am I right?

Sokka started to brainstorm ideas out loud, "That thing sees with its nose. Let's give him something to look at."

"The perfume?" I ask and he nods.

Together, us and the sisters brought large containers full of perfumes into the courtyard. Right as Aang was being cornered, we tipped them over and Katara waterbended them onto the beast. I could tell it was getting confused and panicking by its behavioral change. I smirk lightly as I watch it paralyze Zuko and even his own owner. It ran around, smashing into walls, clawing on roofs, then finally ended up jumping out and escaping the courtyard.

• • •

After the long day of fighting, we all get back to flying away on Appa. "So, where do we go?" Aang asked from the bison's head.

Katara replies, "We're getting you to the North Pole."

"Yeah," Sokka adds, "We've lost too much time as it is."

I double check just to make sure they knew what they were getting into, "Don't you want to see your father?"

"Of course we do, Havi, but you guys are our family too," I smile at Sokka's words, "and right now, you guys need us more."

"And we need you," Katara added.

"I wish I could give you a little piece of home, Katara," Aang rested his head on the saddle, "something to remind you-"

"I'll be okay."

"Still, just a little trinket. Maybe something like," he pulled out a Katara's necklace, "this."

She immediately took it in her hands excitedly, "Aang! How'd you get that?"

"Zuko asked me to be sure I got it to you."

"Aw, that's so sweet of Zuko," Katara joked, "Would you give him a kiss for me when you see him?"

"Sure," Aang player along. She then leans over to give him a kiss on the cheek. Those two get into their own conversation as I yawn.

"Tired?" Asked Sokka.

"A bit," I rub my eyes.

"Here," he pat his lap and I blushed but laid my head down anyways, "Go to sleep, we had a long day."

Peacefully, I fell asleep to the water tribe boy playing with my hair.

UGH THE ANGST IS COMING GUYS AND IM SO EXCITED!!! LIKE FOUR MORE CHAPTERS, TWO WEEKS OF POSTING UNTIL THEN AND IM SO READYYYYY I LOVE TRAUMAAAAA