46| Hyrule Castle

For three more days, Link's group continued moving through the forest, always keeping on the move when they weren't camping for the night

For three more days, Link's group continued moving through the forest, always keeping on the move when they weren't camping for the night. Nobody besides the wild Pokémon disturbed them, the best thing they could have happen then. And on the morning of that third day, he arrived.

Link recognized his aura immediately, and he turned his gaze skywards just in time to see the russet blur dive into the tree canopy. He cut through the branches and leaves, flinging out his wings at the last second to grasp at strands of air. Iigo landed in a rush of leaves of twigs, standing up to greet everyone with a sly grin.

"It's quite a joy to see you all again," he crowed.

"Hey, Iigo. Figures they'd send ya or another Rito out to find us," Link said. "They probably had you focusin' on my aura, huh?"

Iigo nodded. "My Rito companions may be more gifted in Aura, but I'm of course a far swifter flier. It only took me a day to get here," he said proudly. While the others greeted him warmly, Ganondorf wasn't as impressed.

"Iigo Melle, wanted all across eastern Hyrule," he stated, looking the Rito up and down. "It figures that you and Renier would share company."

In a second, Iigo's head feathers were nearly scraping the dirt as he bowed deeply. "It's a pleasure to meet the one and only General Ganondorf Dragmire. I can assure you I've turned myself around, thanks to the Sheikah." His lie couldn't be more obvious, but Ganondorf didn't seem to be in the mood to call it out.

"You're obviously our informant, so you can tell us what we need to know as we walk," Ganondorf said. At everybody's disgruntled looks, he said, "We can walk and talk at the same time." He was right about that. Camp had already been broken prior to Iigo's arrival, so it was easy for everyone to gather their gear and head out.

As Zelda and Fira navigated with the compass and map, Link picked up where Ganondorf had left off. "So what's the info?"

Iigo's eyes narrowed with a rare seriousness. "Everyone in the castle has been informed," he affirmed. "If you're going to use the tunnels, enter through the north side at night. Less guards patrol through that side of the city during that time. I'll be accompanying you to the castle, but I will have to leave you once you enter. I have to let the Sheikah know when to carry out their end of the plan."

"Was Impa around to hear any of this?" Link asked, only for Iigo to shake his head.

"She was at the castle when Haruo and the others returned. She's actually been tasked with hunting you down from the shadows, General Dragmire." He glanced at Ganondorf. "You're fortunate that the Sheikah know you're on the Holders' side now, or else you would have been dead days ago." Though his face didn't show it, Link could feel slight trepidation from Ganondorf. "King Daemos hasn't shown himself to anybody. As far as we know, he has sealed himself off someplace in the castle."