14| Fortitude

The temple's darkness didn't last for long, to Zelda's relief

The temple's darkness didn't last for long, to Zelda's relief. Previously unseen torches sprung to life with green flame, dyeing the stone walls with blue-green light. The group had entered a moderately-sized hallway that stretched a small distance. It looked undisturbed, save for the occasional root that had managed to tunnel its way through the cracks in the stone.

   More carvings adorned the walls; the one on the wall to Zelda's immediate right was of an elegant-looking quadruped creature with horns that stuck out straight on both sides of its head. These carvings continued on both sides down the hall's length. At the end of the hall was another sealed door, though Zelda couldn't make out if anything was carved on it. She was instantly entranced by these images, her eyes endlessly tracing the lines of the beautiful craftsmanship.

   There's no need to carry on, Resa said, snapping Zelda back to attention. The Aegislash's flickering yellow Triforce mark contrasted brightly with the emerald surroundings. We will be safe here for now.

   Thank Hylia, Fira sighed as he lowered the still-unconscious Link to the floor. Luce was instantly at his side, sitting with his head in her lap and her arm wrapped around him protectively. Fira's gaze lingered on the pair, and Zelda grew curious.

   Everything okay? she asked.

   Fira glanced at her. Do you mind if I attend to him? he asked. It seems that Luce is worried. But only if you're okay. You're fine, right?

   "I'm fine," Zelda said. "You can help him." Fira nodded and joined Luce. Zelda spared Link a glance. His face was blank, but in a calm sense. It was like looking at the ocean's surface after a storm's winds and rains had churned it, definitely an odd sight to behold. If only it was like that more often, without its seemingly-permanent scowl.

   Don't hold him up like that, you need to lay him out flat...

   Zelda let Fira's advice trail off as she looked to Resa, who was watching the other Pokémon with what seemed like intense thought. "This was from overusing Courage, right? Will he be okay?" Zelda asked.

   Yes, though it might take a while for him to awaken. He's healthy, and he has a fiery spirit. Resa turned to face the Hylian woman. You're fortunate to be the same way.

   "I still feel really shaky though," Zelda said with a sigh, taking a seat on the floor as well. If she could have it her way, she would fall asleep right then. But she couldn't.

   Rightfully so, Resa agreed. It seems that you draw too much on your own energy to fuel Wisdom.

   "Is that so?" Zelda's heart sank. She couldn't have that, not if she wanted to truly be the Holder of Wisdom. "But thank you for asking."

    There is no need for thanks. Resa cast Link another glance. Once Courage reawakens, we'll need to make our way to the end of the hall. It is there that Overseer Virizion will speak with us. After proving our authenticity, we will be able to enter her chamber.