32| Prelude of Light

The moment Link found out that he was fully healed, he immediately set back to work doing his usual training, this time with an added vigor

The moment Link found out that he was fully healed, he immediately set back to work doing his usual training, this time with an added vigor. He already knew his strength had begun to wither away, and he needed to regain that and more.

The Sheikah let him into some of their training grounds while they went unused, and he was even able to spar with his new temporary traveling companions. Haruo was definitely the most rewarding to go up against since the sisters were a lot like Luce when they fought. Fighting Haruo was like fighting a well-trained Gerudo that was slightly less light on their feet. Within a few days, Link was feeling mostly like his old self again.

"You don't know how envious I am," Zelda said as she readied an orb of Wisdom. She reeled back and lobbed it at Link with all her strength, as much as her non-dominant hand would allow. Link allowed a pulse of Courage to run down the Master Sword as he slashed at the orb, countering the explosion.

Link lowered his blade, taking a deep breath. "What, that I can finally move good again? Yeah, it's pretty nice," he replied with a smug smile. "But you don't have much longer either, right?"

"Yes, and I've been thinking of trying to persuade Resa to let us stay another day or two just so I can regain my bearings with my bow. And perhaps I could try something new," Zelda said. "I've noticed what you've been doing with channeling Courage through the Master Sword, and I was curious if it would work with my arrows."

"I think it'd take a lot of focus to do that. I just have to act like the sword's another part of my arm, and the energy goes through. An arrow's a thing that's not part of ya, like ya hold it, but then ya let go when ya shoot."

Zelda's shoulders slumped in disappointment. "I figured that would be the case. I'd have to find a way to briefly imbue an arrow with Wisdom and then shoot it..." She clarified. "Basically, I need to keep a small bit of energy in an arrow."

"I'm sure ya can figure it out," Link said. "You're the Holder of Wisdom, ain'tcha?"

"Whether I'm a good Holder or not," Zelda said. "I suppose I could train during our breaks," she sighed, "while I'm exhausted from walking."

Link raised an eyebrow, confused. "Ya trained before during our breaks."

"You're right, I shouldn't be complaining." She readied another orb, trying to throw it as high as she could so Link would have to scramble to reach it. It was a better, if not more risky challenge if the crater at the edge of the clearing was any indication of that.

Fortunately, Link managed to anticipate the new orb's path and slashed it in two, though this time there was some recoil from his concentration waning a little. "Nah, I get where ya comin' from," he said, shaking his head. "It's been a couple weeks now? Even a few days puts ya out of practice. A day or two won't..." He grimaced. "Never mind, it might kill Resa."

"What about you?"

Link looked around at the towering pines. "I feel right at home here in Necluda. Pines are different from oaks, but it's still forest. And at least I can train. I didn't leave the woods with Luce for almost a year y'know? We lived off fruit and roots and stuff while I got my first taste of fightin' while watchin' Luce train." He looked back at Zelda. "Weirdly enough, I miss those woods..." he said, his voice edging on wistful.