06| Kokiri Glade

With Rosina's words, Kirlia's eyes glowed blue

With Rosina's words, Kirlia's eyes glowed blue. Everything then seemed to break apart, separating into scraps and shards that faded into white and began to swirl around the group rapidly. Link quickly grew disoriented, having never Teleported before.

And... Stop! Kirlia shouted, and the swirling particles froze. They seemed to throw themselves back together, color bursting into them as they did so. A mist-shrouded forest clearing blossomed from the previously colorless void. The ground sprung into existence, further jarring Link's senses and throwing him into the caterwauls of vertigo, which did nothing to help his already-present dizziness and nausea. He sank to the ground, his gorge rising.

"Wow, I haven't done that in ages," Zelda said, lightly holding her head in her hands. Link barely heard her; he was too busy retching.

"At least one of you handled the Teleport well," Rosina said with a hint of disgust, looking at Link. If he weren't feeling so sick, he would have snapped back at the sprite. Her saying that made him feel weak, weaker than he already was.

After vomiting up what felt like all of his organs, Link flopped down onto the grass, exhausted. As much as he had hated Teleporting, it had been worth it. The prickly yet soft grass beneath his fingers and the crisp scent and feeling of the air was utter heaven to him. And this is why I prefer being outside, Link thought, raking a hand through his fringe. He was so happy to finally be out of there. Reveling in nature helped him nearly forget the pain. But there was one thing that would have made him feel even better, and that thing was kneeling down next to him a moment later.

"Luce!" Link managed to exclaim. She thankfully didn't seem to be hurt.

"He was right! You're safe!" Link overheard Zelda say. He looked and saw her embracing a Braxien, who nuzzled her comfortingly.

Hmph, so she actually did care, Link thought.

"Carr..?" Luce growled in concern when she noticed the bandages wrapped around Link's head. She lightly probed the spot, prompting a small pain to strike Link. He tried to act like it didn't bother him.

"I got that a little while ago. It still hurts a bit, but it's nothin' too bad, I promise," he assured her. Luce's eyes glistened with relief, and she quickly wrapped her arms around him, pulling him close to her. In his partner's embrace, Link wanted to cry with joy and relief, but he wasn't about to let himself do that. "I-I'm so happy you're safe..." The slight stutter was all he allowed himself.

"I'm glad to see everyone's reunited!" Firenz said loudly, and Link frowned. The moment had been ruined by the fairy's shrill voice. "Now we can make our way to Kokiri Glade," said shrill voice spoke next.