44 . Adorable Khanna

Thank you so much for 100+k views. I love you guys, I hope you are enjoying my book. Keep supporting me.

Author's pov -

"Ria? But why?" Avni asked desperately. It's been ages since she met her old enemies ria and juhi ,they didn't came to college from past two weeks and Avni wondered why? But now ria's sudden appearance at Neil's house made avni curious. 

"Neil, tell me Please what happened?" Avni asked again, but Neil didn't reply ,he played with his fingers.

Avni sighed before she slid a few inches closer to Neil .she took his hand in her and entwined them.

"Tell me, Neil. It's fine. " she whispered giving him a squeeze.

Neil looked down, he closed his eyes for a second and opened them again. Without letting her hand go Neil says.

"Ria came to my house and told me everything that happened back in freshers party. She told me, it was juhi who tried to defame you in front of me as she wanted revenge. Ria also told me, you didn't have any fault, it was juhi who heard your prank plan and told everyone about that moreover she even bought them to that place so that I can misunderstand you." he mumbles, Avni listens on.

"Ria confessed all this to me, she said she feels guilty for joining hands with juhi to trap you Thus, she wanted me to know the truth " Neil says.

After listening Avni slowly takes off her hand.  Suddenly, Her eyes welled up remembering that horrific night. It was the night where everything started. Slowly, tears rolled down her cheeks making Neil panic.

"Avni.. Please don't cry... Please... " Neil chocked out, his voice was betraying him.

"How can not I Neil ? Do you even realize how I felt that day?  Being humiliated in front of everyone? You know no one ever called me names, it was you Neil. " Avni sniffed remembering that terrific night.

"I'm... So. ..Sorry.... " Neil whispered, his eyes turned red. He could feel his throat tightening up.

Avni looked away crying. She doesn't want to bring past back and make Neil feel guilty again but she's also a human, how long could she hold back, she couldn't help but cry at her misery.

Neil saw avni weeping , in these ten days she didn't cry for even a minute infront of him and the reason he knows, but Neil couldn't stop thinking about that night. How recklessly he manhandled her, how brutally he hurt her verbally . When ria came to his house midnight to confess all their nasty deeds, Neil was shocked. He felt like someone punching him without a second gap. As soon as he realised avni didn't had any fault . he felt immense guilt from inside which couldn't leave his heart and eventually he had to take such a huge step.

"Avni ,don't cry. Hit me if you want but please don't cry. I can't see you like this. " Neil cried out.

Avni remained silent , Neil quickly sat on his knees in front of her and hugged her legs.

"Neil what the hell are you doing?" Avni yelled with widen eyes.

" I'm sorry.. " Neil whispered and he didn't let her go.

"Neil, are you mad? Everyone is watching us. " Avni yelled again and tried to get way but Neil gripped her knees tight in his arms.

"Don't cry then. " Neil mumbled.

"Are you crazy? You are embarrassing yourself. " Avni hissed and wriggled her legs.

"I don't care if I'm embarrassing myself. Don't cry, that's it or else I'd never leave you. " Neil said stubbornly like a kid still hugging her knees.