34 . Regret

Neil's Pov -

"It's all your fault , don't you have shame to do something like that? You tried to kill him. " I heard someone yelling. It was familiar voice but I couldn't decipher who it was.

I wanted to open my eyes but couldn't. I feel so weak from inside, my hands burn with rash. Then suddenly realization hit me. Eating burger, and the canteen incident.The last thing I remember was rohan making me gulp the capsules. 

I ate hot sauce burger for Avni, at least I can afford to do that for her happiness right?. But quite after eating I felt my body reacting not to the hot sauce but for the mushroom that was one of the ingredient used for Patty.

I'm severe allergic to mushrooms. It's almost fatal for me but Before I realize burger contained mushroom ,I  unknowingly  ate it and caused allergy. But thank God everyday I carry my medicines in my bag incase if I do something stupid like this.

"I will complaint against you avni ,I swear ." again that voice made me out of my thoughts.

I opened my eyes completely and realized I was in college medical room. Then I saw avni and juhi arguing.

"Avn...i" I whispered waking up.

They both turned towards me. Avni's eyes were teary and fluffed looked like she cried.

Juhi came to me but avni stood at her place looking at me with her glassed orbs.

"Neil, you okay? ." Juhi asked. But my concentration Was only on avni, she was starring at me.

"I'm fine." I said looking at avni. It felt like I was telling her, assuring her I was fine. Quite after my response avni left the room.

Just like that She left.

She left without speaking anything. She didn't even ask me how I am. And that made me sad and hurt but I'd not blame her. She's right in her place. Who'd care about enemy, a criminal who made one's life miserable.

"What happened after I fainted?" I asked juhi.

"It's been an hour since You were brought here. Thank God you are safe or else I'd have killed avni." she hissed.

I frowned.

"Why will you kill her? She doesn't have any fault. " I retorted.

"She is the one who made you eat that and that bit*ch deserves it." juhi gritted her teeth.

"Juhi." I yelled. " Don't you dare to speak like that again. Avni, doesn't have any fault. Understand? "

Juhi looked stunned. She was about to speak something but I stood up from bed abruptly which made me feel dizzy.

But I don't care. All I want to make sure avni is fine. Don't know how she is feeling .

I messed up. I messed up everything.

I walked outside limping, I feel weak but not that I can't walk.

"Neil, where are you going stop. You are sick. " Juhi was yelling behind me but I ignored her.

I walked in corridors to find avni and suddenly I saw her and rohan talking.

I wanted to interrupt their conversation but I know that would be a disaster so I thought to eavesdrop.

"It's not your fault avni. " Rohan said wiping Avni's tears.

She is crying. Oh God! She is crying.

"It's all my fault rohan. I shouldn't have done that. He was nearer to death. " Avni sobbed.

"You don't know about his allergy right? And your anger towards him was right, you making him suffer was right . Don't blame yourself " Rohan said softly.

"I don't know what I'm doing; What I'm thinking. I feel like a mad person, a crazy person; I feel like I'm punishing myself doing all that and today I was about to kill him.  " Avni's voice cracked while tears rolled down her eyes.

My heart clutched hearing her. She is such an innocent soul and I hurt her heart brutally. I broke her soul in an ugliest way.

I couldn't hear more because watching her cry that to because of me is killing me. I know Guilt will eat me until my death, I have to do something to make her feel good.

****

It was evening and almost all students in campus left. Rohan, avni didn't came to see me. And I won't blame them because they were angry on me.

I sighed in medical register and left the room as I recovered, allergy was mild not fatal and moreover  Our college medical staff is really good and have quick medicine for anything and I'm glad for it.

I walked towards my bike that's when I saw avni with her friend Pari going.

I battled in my mind whether to talk with her or not. I wanted to tell her that she wasn't at fault. She's stressing alot about me.

"Avni " I called out.

As soon as avni heard me, she stood still. So, I went to her.

"Avni, I'm fine. Don't stress yourself." I told her directly .

She frowned.

"Why'd you think I'm stressing over you? " she said sternly.

She is such an actress . I thought.

"Avni, you don't have any fault. You don't know I'm allergic to mushrooms. Please don't blame yourself. "  I whispered.

She was silent for a minute and then gestured Pari to leave.

"Are you happy now? " She said bitterly.

I was stunned hearing the venom behind her tone.

"What? " I asked shocked.

"I'm asking you. Are you happy now? Even after your fault, all are blaming me for everything " she glared at me.

"Avni, who's blaming tell me. You don't know about my allergy. It's not your fault. " I tried to cool her.

"Oh, stop your acting of innocence. You kissed me, you molested me, you uploaded Video but at last who's the villain in story ?  Me, a bitc*h who trapped rich guy and even tried to kill him. This is what everyone think now." she said harshly.

I gulped hearing her. It's true in this conservative society Blame goes to the girl and she has to face everything. I knew it but can't do anything. Suddenly my heart pained, her condition was just because of me. Her each word reminds me of the dirty deed I did with her.

"Avni, please... " I wanted to speak something but she cuts me off.

"You know, I've never been like this. I never think of harming others but you have changed me Neil . I can't think straight , I feel crazy.  Just because of you everyone hates me and thinks I'm a bi*ch. Most importantly you made me something that I couldn't decipher. I acted like a sl*t in lab, I tried to harm you and I don't know what I will do and you know , this all blame goes to you. You made me like this. You made me like this Neil.  " she yelled and cried.

I didn't dared to utter a word. Her each word is true. I made her like this. I starred at her eyes which showed pain and agony.

"Today ,I'm in this situation battling between my heart and Brian is because of you Neil. " A tear rolled down her cheeks but she quickly wiped it.

"You made me an evil Neil. You made me a monster, just like you. " saying this she ran away from me crying.

Pov ends.

Thank you for voting and your comments really motivate me to update faster. Please write your thoughts. 

What do you think what will happen next :-) ?