37. Message

Author's Pov -

"You are joking right? " Avni asked with tears as soon as rohan disclosed the news of Neil attempting suicide.

"Do you think? " Rohan replies sadly starring at her.

Avni's eyes widened with fear. Her lips trembled to speak out anything. She couldn't believe her ears. Neil? Suicide? Her heart thumped massively as she could feel herself getting hyperventilating.

"What happened to him?  Is he fine? Tell me rohan? Where is he? Oh my God. " Avni cried out.

Rohan stayed silent.

"I'm asking you something rohan. Why aren't you answering to my questions? how is Neil ? Why the heck  are you here when you should be with him in hospital ?". Avni shouted with red eyes.

"He's fine and under observation of doctors. " Rohan mumbled looking down.

Pari and avni felt an instant relief ,they only knew how their heart raced hearing the worst news. Avni immediately went to kitchen and gulped a glass of water to calm herself. She was so scared.

"Why are you here then? You should be with him. " Avni said walking back to hall.

"His parents are there with him and I'm here to tell you something. " he says.

"What? What you want to say ?" Avni frowns.

"Don't take me wrong and answer me honestly. Did anything happened between you and Neil that he took such a drastic decision? " Rohan questioned.

"Do you think it's related to me? " Avni asks blankly.

"Are you dumb Or tubelight? Of course it would be related to you Avni." Pari piped in for which she earned a glare from avni.

"Are you doubting me rohan? Do you really think Neil did that because of me? " Avni whispered with tears.

"No, it's not. " Rohan blurted out giving her a hug. "I just want to know what happened between you too."

Avni broke the hug.

"We had a heated argument and I told him not to show his face and after that I haven't seen him. " Tears escaped down her eyes.

Rohan nodded.

"Rohan, what did Neil do with himself? Did he cut his wrists or..". Pari asked panicked ,though she doesn't want to care about the person who ruined her friends life but she couldn't handle the pain that hit her heart hearing news. Avni looked at rohan for an answer.

"Don't freak out listening my answer and don't you dare to judge Neil." Rohan said sternly.

Avni frowns.

"Why'd we?. I've seen wrost suicide scenes in movies " Pari says.

"Tell me rohan, what did he do with himself ?" Avni questioned with moist eyes, she's still unable to digest the thing Neil did with himself. How could he take such a drastic step to kill himself. She thought.

"Neil... He.. is Over dosage of drugs." Rohan shuttered.

"WHAT THE HELL. " Avni screamed not believing her ears. She was stunned.

"What do you mean by drugs? " She shouted with panic.

Rohan stayed silent unable to explain anything. He knew they'd react like this but thats the truth which was hidden to the world by Neil.

"Neil takes drugs? How could he? Such a jerk. " Pari says shocked.

Rohan's blood started to boil.