Sonia (Pokemon) x Male Reader

A/N: Happy New Year! See you in 2021. 

Y/N's POV

After a long flight, the plane landed, I left the gates. It felt nice coming back to Galar after being gone so long. Johto was nice, but it could never beat home. I saw Chairman Rose waiting for me.

Chairman Rose: Champion Y/N, Welcome back to Galar. I trust your plane ride was comfortable.

Y/N: Yes, thank you, Chairman Rose. It feels nice to be back. Also, you know how I feel about getting called Champion.

Chairman Rose: Humble as always. I am sure everyone will be thrilled when they see tonight's match.

Y/N: Yeah, I am looking forward to it too. It has been a long time since I last face Leon.

Chairman Rose: Well, I am sure it will be a gigantic match for the ages! *Chuckles*

I exited the building and started to walk to Magnolia's Lab when my phone went off, and I saw it was a text from Sonia.

Sonia's Text: Turn Around :).

I turned around and saw Sonia, and the first thing she does is wraps her arms around me. I hugged her back. It made me really happy to see her again.

Sonia: Y/N, it so good to see you again!

Y/N: It's good to see you, Sonia. How have you been doing?

Sonia: Wonderful. My grandma and I are still working on our breakthrough!

Y/N: Yeah, you were telling me about that but, you said it was better to show me in person.

Sonia: I think you will be surprised. Now come on, let's go.

She grabbed my hand, and we ran off together.

Magnolia's Lab

I looked at one of the whiteboards, and from what I can gather, they were studying Pokemon becoming larger. Sonia went to one of the tables and came back with a wristband. She gives it to me.

Y/N: A wristband?

Sonia: It's a Dynamax Band.

Y/N: Dynamax?

Sonia: Yeah, at the moment, only a few people know about it. Well, try it on!

Y/N: Okay.

I put on the wristband. Sonia explained Dynamxing and Gigantamax and how they were studying the effects. Apparently, Chairman Rose wanted to show it tonight. She also told me she thinks Blastoise had a Gigantamax form.

Sonia: Enough of Dynamxing. I found our photo album, and I wanted to go through it.

Sonia and I sat next together, and the first photo we came to was our friend group.

(Goride, Nessa, Soina, Y/N, Piere, Leon, and Raihan)

Y/N: It seems like just yesterday, we were all just trainers.

Sonia: We all have come a long way.

3RD POV Flashback Ten Years Ago

Y/N and Leon were having a friendly battle, as their friends were sitting on the fence while Gordie was referring.

Y/N: Wartortle/Name finish him off with Aqua Tail.

*Wartortle hits Chameleon*

That hit was enough to finish off Charmeleon.

Leon: Charmeleon, no.

Gordie: Charmeleon is unable to battle, Wartortle wins.

Y/N: Good job, W/N.