Chapter 22 - Funbari

I woke up realizing what I dreamt. Aqualia will be taken. In fact, she was taken.

"Akira! What is Death Maiden doing here?" Anna said angrily. I felt someone move beside me. I saw Hao sat up and I was shocked that made me trip as I tried to crawl away.

"Are you okay?" Hao asked.

"Yeah. Where are the others?" I asked.

"They already left but you need to explain why is Death Maiden here." Anna said.

"She's my aunt. She came to give me my real guardian spirit." I said. Christine suddenly showed up.

"Seriously?" She said.

"What?" I asked.

"I never thought you and Hao went so far." She sighed.

"We had guests last night!" I said.

"Yeah whatever. Here... this is the real Sakuraken." She handed.

"Does that mean that Akane is..." I said cutting my sentence on purpose.

"Yeah. I just removed those magics. I don't think I can remove the teachings of Azukawa to you." She said.

"Wah! Thank you!" I said.

"I'll test you tomorrow 5:30 in the graveyard. And train to control your furyoku with the hard ball." She reminded. She noticed my hand shaking as I held the Sakuraken. "And don't forget to focus. How many times do I need to teach you the quick recovery?"

"Shut up! You should h-have at least t-told me my fur-yoku w-would be 1 000 000 n-now. A-And I kn-know that y-you should have kn-known I-I haven't mastered th-at technique." I said. I was shaking a lot.

"Hehehe! Just do it." She laughed.

"I'm trying!" I gritted.

"Next time I try something, it will be ground force. You shouldn't sweat a lot by then." Death Maiden said.

"Obatine, you should have known that Anna is down on ground. You know what it means right?" I said.

"That you haven't mastered but you're able to release down force. I'm quite impressed now but, I'll wait until it affects me." She said.

"Hard ball... it's wasting furyoku!" I complained.

"Guess I'd like to stay here for a while and train you." Death Maiden said.

"Yeah and it's time to dump their futon on their actual room!" Anna said and she seemed mad.

"Sorry." I said like a child.

"Anyways, aren't the two of you coming up? You're almost skipping breakfast." Death Maiden said.

"I think the two of you are interesting to eavesdrop on." Hao teased.

"Huh?" Anna and I said.

"Hahaha! I pity you. They won't fall for it nor understand it." Obatine said.

"Want to have onsen?" I invited Obatine (oba: oba-san or auntie; tine: Christine).

"Sure!" She said.

So she demonstrated what do I do with the hard ball.

"What if time comes I destroy that wall? Won't the Asakura family be mad?" I asked through whisper.

"I expected that but, I brought tools for those 'in case'." Obatine said.

"Wah! You're life saver." I said.

"I know you've learned to do spike. I want you to punch this instead." Obatine instructed.

"Woah hold on. You want me to force my furyoku to destroy this brick wall?" I asked.

"Yeah that is my objective. And for you to do that and use your furyoku wisely at the same time." She said. I gave a try and gave a open hand force. The brick wall broke down.

"How's that?" I asked.

"O-Okay. So you're ready to advance. Hit that in 50 meters." She said. I focused on one power source. I was able to reach it.

"Is that it?" I asked.

"Fine! Hao, can you endure a punch?" She asked.

"Are you insane?" I asked.

"What? Afraid to hit someone?" She asked.

"No! I can't do it." I tried my best to whisper.

"Oh sure you can. Before I showed up to Anna and Yoh, I was taking pictures of the two of you." Obatine whispered.

"Liar." I said then she showed the pictures.

"Nuh-uh-uh!" She teased.

"Fine!" I said.

"Stand 1 meter away from each other." Obatine said.

"Sorry." I apologized and gave an air punch.

He backed up for 5 meters.

"That's weak. He could possibly have been blown if you were serious." Obatine said.

"That's why I told you I can't!" I shouted and gave the strong punch on her.

"That's what I'm looking for. Normally, I could have asked you to do it to me. But, it will waste our time." She said whike she recovered.

"Seriously? Furyoku?" Hao commented.

"Well, Midori family learned on using it wisely for those kind of moves." Obatine explained.

"She's quite right. I don't feel too much drain in furyoku." I said.

"The two of you do know it's useless to me right?" Hao asked.

"Of course we know!" I said as I pull Obatine's cheek so she won't brag lies.

"Fine! Everything for your fiance." Obatine mocked. I glared at her. "O-Okay! Okay!" She raised her hands.

"Enough. Go away." I said.

"Tsk tsk tsk. You still don't understand that I'll train you more with the Sakuraken." Obatine said.

"Yo Akane! Let's beat this one up." I said.

"Aye aye!" Akane said and we formed our oversoul.

"The memories of this sword... shall be in grace! Dancing Blade!" I attacked.

"Aish! Fine I'll go!" She blocked.

"That's still far too weak." Hao said. I was about to fall but I know she's still watching.

"Umm... I think I'll rest for a while." I said. I went to take a shower. Things really are tiring.