Chapter 34: Reunion

Start from the beginning

    Staying above the clouds, we flew towards the western border. The thought of seeing him again made my heart palpitate with a feeling I can't describe. Was he hurt? Heading towards the cave on top of the mountain, we landed on silent feet on a ledge sticking out to the side.

    Low murmurings came from inside the large cave and I held my breath when his voice drifted toward me. Every nerve stood on end as I followed Markus inside. My eyes searched for him, ignoring the hesitant soldier beside me.

    And there he was. Hunched over a map and discussing plans with his soldiers, not noticing us walking towards him. I took the time to look over him, frowning when several bloodied bandages wrapped around his arms. There were a few scratches on his face but otherwise, he seemed okay.

    His usual playful behavior was replaced by a stern appearance, making him appear older, more mature. There were a few stubbles on his chin and few tendrils of his dark hair fell over his forehead, obscuring those beautiful golden eyes.

    "Your highness," Markus cleared his throat timidly.

    "Not now." I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms across my chest.

    "Uhm, you might want to take a look." Markus then took several steps away from me, as if to avoid his wrath.

    "Markus now's not the-" His eyes widened when he saw me. Okay, so I'm not in my best clothes but the way he stared at me made me feel self conscious of my bloodied clothes.

    It was silent for a while. The stares of multiple captains bored into us.

    "You really think you can send Markus to restrain me from leaving?" My lips twitched as he continued to stare. He didn't say anything but his golden eyes ringed with blue were burning. Burning with something that made me shiver as he trailed his gaze down.

    He took large steps forward and before I knew it, engulfed me into his arms, his huge wings wrapping around mine. Smiling, I closed my eyes and basked in the familiar warmth. "I missed you," He whispered in a low voice.

    "Same." Our embrace didn't last long considering there was a more dire situation at hand.

    We stood around the table, looking down at the map of Lunaravia. There was a red X on the Eastern Kingdom while some more marks were made around the other kingdoms. "The North and South are the two strongest kingdoms so it would make sense for them to take down the weaker ones."

    "Wouldn't it be better to take the stronger down?" I asked.

    Killian shook his head. "The North and the South are the ones who are responsible for sending out reinforcements, supplies, and other things to the West and East and they do the same in return." He looked at me as understanding dawned.

    "So by taking down the weaker kingdoms, there will be no reinforcements. And since they already have troops attacking the North and South, that'll weaken them."

    Something akin to pride shone in his eyes. "Exactly. Having them scattered across the kingdoms will not let us win. We need to bring them together in one place and then..."

    A captain stepped forward, "We will get rid of them at once."

    I eyed the map, looking at the huge blank area to the right of the Northern Kingdom. "Ellisar and I got a name, possibly the one behind this, when we were fighting one of them." I looked up at Killian as the others' eyes widened. "The rebel mentioned the name Remington."

    There was a large intake of breath.

    A hint of recognition flashed across Killian's face. "The Duke, why didn't I think of him before." He cursed and his fist slammed onto the table. "Duke Remington was from the Western Kingdom whose son was framed and accused for killing Prince Vulcrian's uncle."

    I bit my lip, "What happened to his son?"

    Killian's eyes were dark when he answered. "They stripped him of his wings and hung him in front of the kingdom."

    I inhaled in shock. What? "They did that without finding out the truth first?"

    He shook his head. "I didn't know much about what happened but it would make sense for him to seek revenge for the death of his son." One death for thousands?

    "But why not just do it to one kingdom instead of all of them?"

    The silence was deafening. Even Killian didn't know. Chills pricked my arms and I let out a trembling breath. Many were going to die, have died, and all because of one mistake.

    As we made plans, a heavy feeling sat in my chest and it didn't take me long to realize it was fear. Fear for the people, the kingdoms, and Killian. If something happened to him, I didn't know what I would do because after everything, he had become the reason I look forward to a future together.

Hello hello! I know some of you have been waiting for an update and here it is!

Finally Killian is back, I've been missing that little bugger lol. I admit, I haven't really decided on an ending yet so you guys should be scared. Because even I'm scared, Idon'tevenknowwherethiswillgo. *screams*

Okay. Let's take a deep breath because shit may or may not start going down from here on to the end.

Love you guys! <3