Chapter 30: A Trip Down Memory Lane Part 1

(A/N): Keep in mind that these are pieces of memories

(A/N): Keep in mind that these are pieces of memories. Specific details may not be included but the important things are. Whenever there's a "❉" it means there's a time skip and she gets older in each scene. :)

"Ama!" Hands shook me awake and I blinked.

Sitting up, I groaned at the harsh sunlight cutting into the room. "Sarpy, go back to sleep."

"I can't! Get up! Father is home!"

Say no more. I jumped off the bed and ran out the door with Ellisar laughing joyously behind. Father had gone to the villages for a few days but he was back! Our legs thundered down the carpeted hallway, the guards smiled and greeted us as we ran by.

We spotted our father standing at the door talking with the captain of the guards. "Father!" He laughed and knelt down, opening his arms just as we crashed into his chest.

"You two better have not caused any trouble?" His eyebrows were raised as he looked each of us in the eye.

Sarpy puffed out his chest. "No, sir!"

I frowned at him, "But you let one of the horses get away."

He glared at me, expression telling me to shut my mouth. "That's because you scared me. If you hadn't, I would've had it under control."

Father chuckled and ruffled our heads. "My Prince and Princess, go find your mother while I get freshened up. I've brought home gifts!"

Our eyes widened and with matching grins on our faces, we raced off towards the royal chambers.

It was night time and I was under my covers when I heard a creak. Must be Sarpy, he's always trying to scare me. Closing my eyes, I ignored the footsteps.

"Stop trying to scare me Sarpy. It's not gonna work."

No answer.

I rolled over and squinted in the darkness. "Sarpy?"

It happened quickly. A cloth was pushed against my nose as I opened my mouth. Small noises escaped my throat but no one heard. What happened to the guards? I punched anywhere I could, my fists meeting flesh.

"Shut up little girl." A dark voice hissed out.

I couldn't hold my breath too long but I can't breathe. Hands seized my throat and squeezed, I gasped. Immediately, a sweet aroma bombarded me and my body weakened.

"That's it. Now go to sleep."

And that's exactly what I did.