Chapter 11: Field of Poppies

She was his light

She was his light

She gave him hope

But that hope dwindled and died when she left

After Prince Killian had excused himself, I was left with nothing to do. I eyed the people who were conversing with each other, laughing and talking to their heart's content. I wasn't shy. I just prefer staying away from places where lots of people are present. I don't like socializing.

    I was saved from my boredom as I spied Rory and Galore flying off further into the trees. Curiosity took over and I sneakily tailed them in the darkness. Diving towards the ground and then shooting up so I appeared right in front of them, I screamed, "Boo!"

    Rory let out a high pitched scream and wrapped himself around Galore like a spaghetti noodle. I burst out laughing at Galore's annoyed expression.

    "That wasn't funny!" Rory yelled as he let go of the grumpy old man. "Why are you following us anyway?"

    I shrugged casually, flying next to them as they continued forward. "Saw you two sneaking off. Got curious." Galore shot me a look and I raised my hands in surrender. "Hey, I mean someone needed to make sure you guys weren't up to no good or doing something you didn't want anyone else to know." They blinked at me.

    "Curiosity kills the cat," Galore grumbled.

    "But satisfaction brings it back," I sang, edging closer to him and he threw me a look that screams get any closer and I'll murder and bury you underneath the damn trees. I darted away and came up to Rory's other side just to be safe. "Anyways, what are we doing?"

    "We are going to our cabin. You are going to go make new friends," Rory pointed out.

    I scrunched up my face, "Friends? What's that? Wait but where am I going to sleep?"

    Rory shrugged a shoulder as the two continued forward. "You can sleep in our cabin if there's an extra bed." Wow, okay. I see how it is.

    As we broke through the trees, the sounds of another celebration seemed to be taking place. We hovered over a large expanse of cabins, campfires lit up the darkness and the people danced around them like moth drawn to a flame.

    "Um... what?"

    "Come on," Rory took a hold of my hand and dragged me towards the ground. Below, the sound of drums and different instruments blended together, creating a beat where people twirled and danced to. I planted my feet as Rory continued dragging me forward. However, the boy was much stronger than he looks.

    Forced into the dancing circle, I stood there, clueless on the moves they were doing. I glanced at Rory to see him jumping and doing some weird footwork. "Come on! It's fun!"