Chapter 13: Serving the Bitch

Was he really the villain in the story?

Or was he really the victim?

Dedicated to my good ol' friend @i_like_purple_pigs Love ya girl! <3

I cried out as I tumbled down the stairs. Princess Bitch stood on top, face victorious as she glared down at me. My knee knocked against the railing and I whimpered. "Whoever you are, you better leave. You are not welcome here and the Prince is not your friend or whoever you think he is to you. Got it?"

I cradled my knee as I slowly nodded my head. I should've known she was up to something when she called me on my way to Vulcrian's room. I couldn't refuse her when guards and other servants were around the hallways as witnesses.

*Two hours earlier*

We had just gotten back from the celebration and it was the most fun I've ever had. Everyone had gone to freshen up and I decided to do the same. Opening the door to my room, I breathed in the scent of fresh linen and I wondered who changed the bed sheets. I'm pretty sure all the servants actually went to the celebration though I could be wrong.

Taking off the flower crown, a giddy smile made its way onto my face as I thought of the golden eyed prince. Shaking my head, I placed the crown at my bedside table and went to the restroom to take a shower and change.

After I was done, I stepped out of my room and headed towards Vulcrian's room to see if he needed help with anything. I waved at a few other maids as I passed. However the person who rounded the corner made me want to turn back around and high tail it out of there.

"You!" Her voice stopped me as I turned around. I let out a silent groan. Lowering myself into barely a curtsy, I kept my head down. Others paid no attention to us but the guards' sharp gazes on us were hard to ignore. What are the chances I would get stabbed with their spears if I slapped her and flew away?

"You're with me today," She snapped and turned around.

"Did V- Prince Vulcrian assign me to you?" I asked then added, "Your Highness."

She whirled around, the sleeves of her dress almost whipping me in the face. "Yes, he did. He even said I get to have you do whatever I want. If you misbehave, I get to punish you as I deem fit."

"Did he really say that?" A part of me didn't believe her. All Vulcrian had shown me was kindness and he suddenly allows his fiance use me as her slave and 'punish me' as she sees fit?

She smirked, "He gave me a little note this morning." She waved a folded piece of paper over her shoulder and I frowned. However, with no other choice I followed reluctantly after her.

Princess Bitchy had me dust, wipe, and mop her whole room. Seriously who the hell wants to use a mop to wipe the ceiling? Apparently, Miss High and Mighty lying on her bed does. My whole body ached from hunching over too much and when a finally stood up, a crack sounded from my spine. She threw me a disgusted look and I cracked my neck just to annoy her.