CH 11

I havent finished my midterm so i cant make this chapter longer, sorry. please leave comments and vote thank you :))

So now you know why Ellie moved to Australia, but this was not the thing that she was really ashamed of. What else was she hiding?
____________________________________

"Honey, time for lunch!" My mom called me from downstairs."
"Okay!" I shouted.
I went downstairs and i heard classical music playing again. My parents were both big fans of classical music but not me.  It was something that they both had in common.
"Ellie, im sorry about...keep going on and on about the-the eating thing." my mom said and i almost fell  off the stairs when i heard this becaue i didnt expect that my mom would say this to me.
"Mom, its all right." I said.
"I know you dont really eat meat now and.... i would like to know why you have this sudden transition."
"Just tired of eating meat. I find that it will...slow down my...brain when i study." I said and i tried to sound convincing. I knew it sound ridiculous but i had to come up with something.
"Ive never heard of such thing. Where do you know this?"
"I dont know. I just feel.. that way."
"Sweetie, sometimes you just need to loosen up a little."
I smiled at her.
"Just dont put too much pressure on yourself okay?" My mom smiled and brushed my cheeks.
"Mom, are you baking cookies?" I asked. The smell was all over the room. I didnt know why she backed it since she knew i was not  a big fan of cookies or anything too sweet.
"Yes, im starting to learn this recently, but i know you dont like cookies, so i will give some to your aunt later." my mom said.
"Oh, i see." "Where's dad?" I sat down and threw a blueberry in my mouth. My mom had a lot of fruits on the table and it normally didnt happen often since my dad was a big fan of meat. 
"He's having lunch with Caleb's dad and other friends from tennis club" The club that rich people hung, i thought to myself. Caleb's dad and my dad knew each other from the club.

"Ellie, i want to tell you about some things." my mom sat down with her both hands holding the mug and I noticed she still had her wedding ring on. It was a good sign but oh my god, Ellie, dont give your hopes up! The music was still playing from the living room. I didnt know what song it was since i knew nothing about classical music but it was intense. Nice. Now we had a background music to fit this moment. My mom had strawberries, blueberries, apples and other fruits on her plate and she took a blueberry putting into her mouth.
"You used to go to a lot of classical concerts with dad right?" I said, trying to change the subject.
"Yes, those were the good times." my mom said. She almost smiled, almost. I knew there were some really good memories flashing in my mom's mind right now.
"But at some point, things just arent the same, but you're dad seemed to be the same like he was years ago." my mom stopped. I finished my mom's words in my mind, a cheater.
Here it came. I didnt want to face this. I was actually expecting hearing this from my dad since he was the one who caused the problem. My mom had always been faithful and devoted to this family and i felt sorry for her. My mom tried not to believe that my dad cheated on her when she found out about it the first time, but she then realised that she had to face the music, and so did i. Face the music. I drank the sparkling water on the table.
"Your dad.... is going to move out. Its temperary. Im sorry but it has to be this way. The reason is becaue your dad has been contacted with her..." my mom looked at me, trying to observe what kind of reaction i would have. 
"Okay." I said. I was not surprised but my my mom was probably wondering why i didnt say something like 'no', 'why' or did something else rather than just sitting here being so calm. Little did she know i already knew about it. 
"Well, do you want to say anything?" my mom asked.
"It's all good. This is the best for everyone."  I said and tried to sound like i didnt care.

-Jai's POV-

I went to the supermarket to buy the food that we needed for dinner. Luke and Beau stayed up late last night so they were still sleeping, therefore, i went by myself.
The supermarket was not far from Ellie's house so i thought i might just stop by. I didnt know what to do at home anyway. i didn want to spend my entire vacation playing video games. I wasnt sure if Ellie was at home but I didnt want to call her because i kind of wanted to give her a surprise. I thought she liked surprises because when she found out that i could play the guitar at the party she acted excited. And oh the party...i was such a dumbass. I couldnt believe i left her standing alone when i went for preparing. It was not until i was off the stage that i realized it. Shit, I should have had Luke to be with her. I left because i had to prepare for the performance and i hoped she would understand. Well, she was not like other girls who were extremely sensitive, so i guessed it was okay, but I wouldnt leave her like that next time.

The thing that caught my attention  when i was on the stage was that Celab kept looking at  Ellie. I almost couldnt concertrante on my performance at that time. I wasnt sure if Caleb liked Ellie but if he did, how was i going to compete with him? He was really tall, i bet he was at least 6'0'' and girls liked that kind of guy, right? especially with his messy dirty blonde hair, he looked just like the model on the catalog. Ellie probably didnt have a boyfriend since i had never seen her hanging out with other people at school, but i was wondering if she had a crush. I meant when i met her at the first day of school, i stupidly assumed that she had a crush on me but now i wasnt sure anymore. There were so many guys who were better than me at school, why would she even like me? Caleb's family was probably filty rich as well because he just had this rich kid kind of look. A sports car passed though me and it snaped me back to reality. I stepped out my car and walked close to Ellie's house.