Ch 2

#If you like my story, comment, vote and share, thanks :)  

____________________________________

"This place is really nice. It reminds me of some of my childhood memories with our grandparents" Jai said. They looked around the park and seemed genuinely meant it. It was. There was a fountain in the middle and hot pink flowers in the beginning entrance. There's a little playground along with a new green slide.

"So, you just moved here?" I set down on a bench and tried to act casual. I wanted to know more about him. They moved toward me but still standing.

"Yeah, we-" Jai hasnt finished then Luke cut in. I looked up amusingly. Jai didnt seem to be bothered however.

"Yeah, apparently my mom thinks we need to concentrate more on our homework. She thinks we've got some bad influences back in our old school"  he used the air quote gesture when he said the word bad.

"What kind of bad influences?" I asked.

"My friends were trying to make youtube videos, but my mom didnt want us to get involved because she knows how much i love media and she wanted us to focus on our studying" Jai said. "And Luke was really good at editing" Jai added when Luke moved close to him a little.

I wanted to know more about them but they started asking me more questions in turns, like the type of music i liked, tv shows i liked to watch, what activities i liked to do....etc. Luke and Jai were both standing casually but Luke seemed to get annoyed when I answered Jai's questions. I felt like they were in some kind of competition that i couldnt understand.

"I couldnt believe you like alternative rock! 90's grunge is awesome as!" Jai said with a rich voice. 

"Why did you act so surprised?" I grinned.

"It seems like nowadays nobody likes Rock anymore" Jai said playfully. Luke put his finger in his mouth. We, as in Luke, Jai and me have the same taste of music and they seem funny.

My phone vibrated. Dinners ready. Where are you? I always felt weird when i got texts from my parents because it seemed like they just knew how to use cell yesterday and now they were texting me. "It's my mom. I think I have to go." I stood up and grabbed my bag. I tripped over myself and they both came close to me and held me, almost at the same time. That made me blush.

"Oh, there's one thing i forgot to tell you, i am really clumsy." I said. I looked at my feet embarrassed and then looked at Jai. Jai beamed. In the corner of my eyes, I saw Luke turned his head to the left, looked black. But when i looked at him, he instantly showed his crooked smile.

"So i guess we'll see you at school tomorrow?" Luke said when i was about to head to the opposite direction.They both smiled widely at me.

"Yeah, sure!" I smiled back. When I got home, my parents were sitting at the dinner table waiting for me.

"Where were you? " my mom asked as she sat down at the table.

"Just picked up some books in the library." this library excuse was not fake at all because they knew i really enjoyed reading. I wasnt going to tell my mom I hung out with new people. Because if i did, i would have to handle a bunch of questions at dinner time. I seldom lied but since my mom found out my friends dumped me she became suspicious.

"That guy just bumped into......" my dad's voice became vague in my head when he started to tell a funny story about his co-worker. i thought about all the things that happened today. I liked Jai, as a friend, of course. He was cute, fun, and nice. He didnt talk a lot about himself like the other boys at school. He wanted to know more about me unlike most boys in our school just want to get down to the business as soon as they met girls. Yeah, girls at my school were mostly slutty so they wouldnt mind either. But Luke...it was pretty obvious that Luke was annoyed when Jai talked to me. In the cafeteria and then at the park.....I could be slow sometimes when it came to this, but I could sense it.

"Hun, are you okay?" after a few mins my mom finally noticed my face looked blank.

"Yeah, i was just thinking this science project that i need to start working on this weekend." I said while quickly finishing my dinner. I didnt have any science project, of course "I'd better do my homework now." I said before my mom tried to convince me to eat more. "You just had a plate of salad." my dad sounded angry. "Yeah, i am not hungry" i said to my dad and i went upstairs.