Ch 20

So i left on a cliffhanger. Hope you enjoy the story so far! Anyway, even though the last chapter didnt get 30 votets(thanks for the support), i still updated it since i happen to have extra time atm. And if you want to know what Caleb looks like, i put the photo on the right, hes like michael cassidy but imagine his hair dirty blonde.
_______________________________________

She told me to shut up? She was the sweetet girl i had ever known. I couldnt believe she just said that!
She was getting under my skin, but i couldnt be mad at her, i kept reminding myself. She was sick.
"Please talk to me, im begging you." Fuck i was acutally begging her.
"Just go away." she said and wiped away her tears. I had never seen her cried and it broke my heart. But she irritated me at the same time because she didnt want to turn to me.
"Ellie, you are driving me crazy! Why couldnt you talk to me this time? You could tell me anything. I thought you trusted me." Maybe i was wrong. I thought i was the only person that she could talk to. I guessd she didnt need me now.
"How could you expect me to turst people when my friends who ive known for years suddenly changed and my dad cheated on my mom! Do you think i can really tell you everything?"
I had to say something, something made her realize that she trusted me all along.
"Because you are the real you when you are WITH ME, can't you see that?" I shouted because i couldnt hold my anger anymore. I hated yelling at her but whatever, she didnt want me anymore so it didnt matter.
"You always hide your feelings when you are with others. You always look depressed but when you are with me you turn into a different person and I know you are not faking that. You try to be strong all the time. You have built up a wall and it keeps people away. When you are with me, the wall comes down and i see this warm and smiley person. You care too much about what people think of you, but you know what, i will accept you for who you are, no matter what kinds of secrets you have."

"Just tell me you have no feelings for me then i will go."
"I dont like you anymore." 
Fuck, then i guessed i made a fool of myself by saying all those things. I knew she would dump me eventually. We were from different worlds. She should end up with Caleb. I was not good enough for her anyway. I walked to her table and put the little gift that i bought earlier on her desk. I saw a piece of wrinkled paper on her desk. It was placed on the center of her desk. I took it up to look closely.

WHAT? ELLIE HAD CANCER? I was trembling, literally. Why would this happen to her? WHY???
"Ellie, why couldnt you tell me!" She stopped staring out the window and looked at me.
"Because Im afraid that you will bail on me! Look what people around me have done to me!" She raised her voice.
"So you want to ditch me first. Making me believe that you dont like me anymore."  I said. Her failed relationship with people made her stop believing in people. I couldnt blame her. But it was funny that she thought as long as she avoided me, i would let her go.
"Ellie, i wont go anywhere." I lifted her chin up and looked into her eyes. She was sobbing and i wiped away the tears on her face. I wanted to cry now, fuck.

After everything we had been through, i thought we were going to last. Even when she went to California, we could have a long-distance relationship.
"What did the doctor say?"
"How much....time...you..." I couldn't finish the sentence. I just couldn't deal with this.
"Stomach cancer. He said i could still have at least...a year." 
A YEAR? FUCK! No, no, no!
"When are you going to do the treatment? I'll come with you."
"No, I'm not gonna do it."
"WHY? You should do it. My uncle did it before."
"Did it work?" I didnt answer because it didnt. He passed away.
"Thats what i thought."
"What about your parents? What did they say?"
"We had arguments but they finally gave in. My grandparents both got cancer. They had chemo and they died eventually. You cant recover from this you know? Just let it be. I don't want to go through...those stuff...losing hair, vomiting uncontrollably, feeling nauseous.."
"I'll do some research, theres got to be some ways."  Just like the eating disorder, I could fix this.
"Jai, dont be foolish, theres no way."
"What can i do for you?" I wanted to do something, anything for her.
She paused for a second and then looked at me.
"Get into a college, maybe a college in California. Since i cant go now, you can go for me."
That was when i really decided to study hard. It was going to be fucking difficult but for Ellie, i would to anything.
"I will, i promise." I held her in my arms and we sat by the window. We looked outside of the window and watched people passing by without talking. I wished i could stay in this moment forever.
We just sat there till her parents came upstairs. I had been up here too long. They knocked the door even though it was opened all along. I wondered if they heard what we were talking because we were literally yelling.
"Are you two...okay?" Her mom asked. Her parents both stood by the door. Ellie pulled away as soon as she saw her dad looking at her. I felt a little awkward so i stood up.
"Could you please wait outside for a second?" she said to me and I nodded.

I waited only a few minutes and her parents came out.
"Jai...you...are a really good young man. i guessed i was just too blind to see it. I saw her change. At first i didnt know the reason. I just assumed that she got good grades. I just want to thank you." her dad said. He was actually saying that i was good? And thank me?

"You make her happy."

Wow and wow. I would never thought her dad would thank me. In a million years. His words kept replaying in my head.
I saw Ellie hug her mom and i walked back to the room. Her parents both gave me a weak smile and went downstairs. We were left alone again.
"What did you tell your dad?"
"I told my parents about Kyle, like how you saved me, but i didnt tell them the eating thing.....I also told them that you are the reason that ive changed."
"Thats why your dad seems so amiable."
She was smiling.
"Im sorry you have to see me like this."
"Like what?"
"A mess." she took a look in the mirror.
"You are not a mess. You look fine. I mean it."
She walked toward me and held my hands.
"Thank you for everything." she said. I picked up her hands and put it on my cheeks.
I looked at her worriedly.
"Hey, dont worry about me okay?"
How was i supposed to be not worried? I was going to lose her. She fixed my bangs while i was smoothing her hair.
I saw this necklace. Luke gave her a few months ago. When he still had feelings for her. Now Luke must knew. He saw her as a really good friend.
"Do you want me to tell Luke?" I asked her.
"I think ill tell him tomorrow."
"How about now? Hes worried about you too."
"Telling him over the phone?"
"You wont do it tomorrow. Its better that he knows as soon as possible."
"You know me too well." she sighed and i dialed luke's number.