Ch 8

see the star on the right?!  vote thank you!! its just a click but it would mean a lot to me!!
_____________________________________

*At the party*

The party was awesome. It might help me to forget what happened at home. I just wanted to stop worrying about things for a couple of hours.

I saw John chatting with his friends from the team. He came over to say hi.
"Oh hi Luke, Jai, and Ellie."John said and he smiled at me. I smiled back.
Jai stood out and stood between me and John. "nice party bro, thanks for inviting."
"Never seen a party like this. its crazy." Luke said.
"Nice having you guys here, enjoy yourself!" John said and walked away.
Jai didnt know John was just being nice by smiling at me. The way that Jai stood out dramatically was interesting.

There were people everywhere. Some were chilling by the pool and inside the house.
I saw a drum set on the small stage. There was a band tonight!
I liked watching live concert, especially rock concert, but i had never been to a rock concert because i was not allowed to go.
"This is definitely not a normal back yard barbecue party." Jai said.
"They never are." I said.

"Ellie, do you want some drinks?" Jai asked.
"Nah, thanks." i said.
"I dont drink soft drinks either."
I had never seen a guy who didnt drink any alcohol and soft drink. He was unique i had to say.
"Do you dance?" Jai aked.
"No, not really. Im clumsy, remember?"
"You wont be that bad."
"Last time when we filmed the video, i was a total disaster."
"Let me show you the one and only, the brooks brothers' swing dance." Luke said.
I held the guitar for Luke.
They started to dance and i tried to stand still. It was rock music in the background so they totally stood out.
"You got this?" Jai asked.
"Yeah, but....i dont think im going to do this. "
They stopped dancing.
"Aww, Ellie, we must embarrass you!" Jai teased me.
"I wasnt worry about that. i was worried that Luke wont get any girls after dancing like that."
"Even they know i play guitar?" Luke said and i gave him back the guitar.
"Probably." I tried to tease him.
"Dont worry about mr.popular. He can get whoever he wants." Jai said.
There were people passing by and Luke turned his head.
"That bitch still owes me 10 dollars. He's not going anywhere." Luke said and left.

I looked around, I could tell everyone was classy by they way the dressed.
He was picky when it came to the party guests. Apparently, he liked Jai and me too, not only Luke. I thought i got invited to his party two years ago because of Maddy and Bree, maybe John was just being nice by inviting me, he didnt want me to come. but this time he only invited me. Maddy and Bree changed a lot and that was probably the reason that they were not invited. I meant they were both pretty but John wouldnt invite someone who thought they owned the school. The only people who thought the clique they were in was cool were themselves.

John got on the stage and spoke to the mic "Hi, glad to see everyone is here, shout out to my best friend Caleb, I couldn't pull this off without him." He waved at Caleb and continued "As everyone knows, i invited a local band, you might not heard of them but they are pretty good. Oh and sorry about pulling off the party, hope this is worth waiting!"
Everyone clapped their hands.
The band went prepared for a bit and introduced themselves then the music started.They played some of today's hits and then  their songs. Three of us knew the lyrics when they played the hits so we just sang out loud. I was suck at singing but i just wanted to release my pressure.The music stopped after they played several songs in a raw. And the band left.
The band was amazing, but i wished my dad would allow me to go to a 'real rock concert' one day.

"I saw my friends from the tennis club. Try to find...other people." Jai said.
"Okay." I said and he left the crowd. But i didnt have close friends and everyone was with their own friends.
After fifteen minutes, I was bored because Jai still didnt come back and i couldnt find Luke.
There were people that i knew in the party but we were not familiar. I meant people would say hi to me when they saw me in the hallway but that was it.
Caleb, John's friend, walked over.
He asked me to the dance before but i turned him down, since then, i felt awkward talking to him. He would try to chat with me but i knew he could sense my awkwardness.
"Hey, Ellie. Havent seen you at a party for a while." Caleb said.
"Yeah, its been a while."
"How do you think about this party?"
"It was awesome! You guys really know how to have a nice party."
"Glad you like it." Caleb said and smiled widely.
"So...I was wondering if you want to catch a movie? There's this new movie coming out this Friday. What's it called? The son died and the family moved..."
"You mean 'The Choice' " I said.
"Yeah, that one. What do you think?"
I had to go to the drama club this Friday, so i didnt have to find some lame excuses.
Caleb was like John. One of the most popular kids at school and i was still surprised that he would like me.  He was nice and all but somehow i just didnt like him that way.
"I have to go to the club afterschool." I said.
"Ohh, okay. Maybe next time." Caleb said and smiled at me again. He was such a nice guy because he didnt seem to be offended at all.
I really hoped that there was no 'next time'.

"Hello,um, hello!" Jai's voice.... It was from the stage. What was he doing on the stage?