Ch 18

A really long chapter cuz i wanted to get this done asap :)

____________________________________

I was shocked that my first kiss with Ellie was not awkward at all. My head ran through several awkward scenarios before I kissed her. God knew how long i had been waiting for this moment. I couldn't believe when she asked me why I cared about her so much and I answered 'because you are amazing in every way.' I thought I couldn't get more stupid. I really needed a brain surgery. What I really wanted to tell her was that 'because i like you' and other reasons, reasons that words couldnt fucking describe. I liked every little thing about her.

I turned on my laptop and began googling more information about anorexia. It would take me for a couple of hours to fully understand what anorexia was because I barely knew anything about this. I typed anorexia in the search box and tons of results came out. I didn't know where to start but then I saw something that was strange. 'Anorexia and bulimia alternate....' what was this supposed to mean?

I thought an eating disorder  patient could either have anorexia or bulimia. I continued clicking on other sites and found ' 12 signs of eating disorders 'how to help people who have anorexia'  and other related topics. 

I couldn't believe I didn't notice Ellie have anorexia. I was such an idiot.

She didn't like to eat chocolate and any other kinds of deserts. I meant what kind of girl didn't like chocolate? I seldom saw her eat and if she did she never finished the meal. And it seemed to be clear now. Everything. Her dad, scholwork, Maddy and Bree. They all happened at once. I just figured all these out by myself. Wow.

And the fact that she was sensitive about the eating thing...she certainly had a disorted sense of her body image. She thought those models who were scary skinny were fine meant that she thought she was fat.

It said, 'A person who has eating disorder usually deny the problem.' Okay, so Ellie confessed, it was a good start. 

It was two am and i was still on my laptop. Everyone was sleeping, which allowed me to do the research easily.

According to the suggestion on the website, friends and family should keep the patients in company, talk to them, let them know you care. However, i didnt know if Ellie needed some treatments because I didnt know her condition. But I would try anything to help Ellie. I would make sure she eat right but it was disapponting when i saw 'you can't force a person with eating disorder to change.' Hell, this wasn't going to be easy. I had a deal with Ellie though. Since she wanted me to go to college, which required me studying. It led to the conclusion: if she ate, i studied, if she didnt then.....i didn't know, there was no plan B. I just had to believe that Ellie cared about me that much. My eyelids droop as I ran through the information on different websites.

"Luke told me you fell asleep on your desk last night...what were you doing?....anorexia?" my mom woke me up. She stood behind me and stared at the screen. I looked at the time on the screen. it was ten in the morning, which meant that it was about time to have lunch. I could have lunch with Ellie.

"I'm helping out a friend. " I said.

"all right.... im going to make pasta today." 

"I think I'm going to have lunch with Ellie. If that's alright."

"oh yeah sure. She seems sweet." 

"and smart." I said. Compared to my ex Lucy, Ellie was ten times better than her. No, acutally nobody could compare with Ellie. Lucy liked to party a lot and everything had to be about her. I didnt know why i would date her in the first place. Probably because i thought she was hot.