CH 10

I knew I said i probably wont be updating any soone but-- (i'll tell you guys later :D)
_____________________________________

We engjoyed the music a lot even though the band had already left. I was still surprised at Jai's performance on stage and Luke didnt tell me the reason why he brought the guitar when we were in the car.

We left early because Jai didnt want my parents to think he had 'bad influences' on me.
All the guests got a little present before leaving. It was a chocolate box and it looked expensive. John gave us the gift because he wanted to apologize for pulling off the party. He didnt have to do this though because I could tell everyone enjoyed the party a lot.
I felt like John's party was more like a concert because it started at eight and i went home before midnight.

I went home and i saw my dad watching TV. It was almost eleven so my mom was probably sleeping.
He turned around when i walked into the living room.
"It was only eleven! I thought you were going to come home after twelve!" my dad said and he acted like he was surprised, but  knew he was happy about it. He turned off the TV and rose up.
"It was acutually Jai's idea." my dad did tell us to come home early and Jai knew he meant it.
"Really? Well, he seems like a good kid...."
"Yeah, he's a good friend. "
I knew the reason why my dad invited Jai to the dinner because he wanted to see what type of person Jai was and my dad just wanted to make Jai thought he was serious, but he laughed when i mentioned the film white chicks, so i guessed he was not really good at pretending to be serious.
"I know you dont eat much but you just went to a party so you must be hungry right?. Do you want some food? Ther's still some in the frige."
"Thanks, Dad, but im not hungry."
"Did you eat at the party?"
"No, but it was late and i didnt feel like eating. You know I couldnt sleep with my tomach filled with food."
"Right, right."
There was a pause.
"Im sorry what happened at the dinner table." I said.
"It's alright. I got it. You dont like the subject and we wont talk about that again."
"I think mom understands now. She said she seldom sees you... like that."  my dad added.
I had to admit that i was overracted but the things my mom said annoyed me and it was something that people who were naturally thin couldnt understand.
"Did you have a good time at the party?" my dad asked.
"Yes, i did!"
"Did you guys dance?"
I laughed a little when i thought of Jai and Luke did the swing dance. I didnt know about Luke but i knew Jai just tried to make me forget what happened at home.
"What so funny?"
"Nothing, just think about how funny Jai was and no, I was not a good dancer and i think i know why." I said and he smiled.
My dad was a terrible dancer but he tried to dance whenever he had a chance.
My feelings toward my dad were complicated. Sometimes when i thought about the things he did to my mom i became really annoyed but most of the time, i just hid these feelings because i was depressed enough. I didnt need to make myself more miserable. All the things happened added up last year, finding out my dad had been contacting that woman, maddy's betrayal and the other thing that i hadnt told anyone.....were like wires, tangling in my head.
"What's this? Looks really high-end... Is this from Jai?" my dad looked at the box in my hand.
"Oh, its from John. The person who held the party. He gave to all the people who came to the party."
"You went to a party and you got a gift? Next time if  this kid is having a party, count me in."
"Okay, Dad." I laughed. He seemed to be funnier these days and i wondered if this was a strategy. I was not complaining though, i just wished he could be this interesting when Jai was here for dinner.
I gave my dad the little box. "It's chocolate." My dad knew i didnt like chocolate so he opened it.
"I could have some chocolate right now."
"Enjoy! Im going to bed now, goodnight dad."
"Goodnight sweetheart!"
My dad and i had a great conversation. As long as he didnt mention Maddy and Bree i wouldnt feel awkward talking to him. I just felt weird that my parents cared about my social life.

***

It was Tuesday at school, three days after i the party. I had PE in my second period and sometimes i just wanted to skip it. I put my hair up and grabbed the water bottle from my bag. I hated PE because i was a total disaster at the gym, seriously. I didnt know how to play sports, any sports. Especially Maddy and Bree tended to throw balls at me when they knew i couldn't catch them. Thankfully, my PE teacher was really nice, she knew i always tried really hard so she wouldnt be tough on me. I saw Jai from a distance and he waved at me.
He walked through the crowd while saying sorry to the people he bumped into.
"Wha'ts your next class?"
"PE. I wish i had a time-turner."
"Time what?"
"The one that Hermione had in Harry Potter?" He had no idea what i was talking about. i tried to hold back my smile. I seemed to do that a lot when i was around him.
"Ohh, i got it. so you havent recovered from the party?" Jai said jokingly.
"Im not tired, just hate being disabled."
"What about you?"
"Biology. I feel like skipping too. Hate being a retard." Jai said and i laughed.
"So people have been talking about the party. I guess...its like the party of the year right?" Jai said.
"Yes, great place, live band, sober people."
"Right, I thought i was going to see a lot of drunk people at the party and i was surprised that that didnt happen."
"That's why John's party was special."
"And it started early, which was really special too.  Although i was disappointed at one thing."
"There were too many boys at the party?"
"What? No, i was expecting John would give each of us a horse before we left." Jai said jokingly.
"I was kind of expecting that too. Unfortunately it didnt happen, maybe next year." I said.
"By the way, did you eat the chocolate? " Jai asked.
"Not a big fan of chocolate. I gave it to my dad."
"I didnt have it either, but i bet its good."
"You dont like chacolate?"
"Luke took mine when i didnt notice and i dragged him out of his bed last night when i found out about it. I just want him to spit it out."
I laughed and i looked at my watch.
"I probably have to go now."
"Right, gym is far from here."
We said goodbye and departed.

Today we had volleyball and it was a nightmare. People just threw the balls all over the place.
I didnt know what the heck was going on so i just covered my head and moved when people on my team  told me to move.
Caleb and Meghan were on my team. I just wished i could be more sociable but somehow i just couldnt.  I was just suck at making friends and i didnt know why. Maybe there was something wrong in my head.
A ball was flying toward me and Caleb caught it in time. He flahsed a smile at me and i thanked him by giving him a nod.
After finishing PE and i thought about the upcoming vacation. We were going to have two weeks off and I wondered how my family were going to spend. I liked to have vacation because it was the only time that i could have my own time to do things i liked. Reading novels, downloading music, watching some shows. Of course, i needed to read some books that were on the reading list but i was sure i could finish them really soon. The most important thing was it was nice to have some quality time with my family. Probably the last vacation that i had with my family.

***

The vacation started and i was in a good mood, so I decided to wake up early and cleaned my room. I guessed it was not just the weather that made me happy. It was because i got  good grades on the exam! I put all my test paper in a file and started to dust out my laptop. I looked at the big mirror that was next to my closet and the photos that i stuck around my mirorr. One was Maddy and I hanging out at the mall and trying different kind of dresses for the dance. The other was me having a girl's night out with Bree. I walked over and took them down.

There were still a few photos of Maddy, Bree and me on my wall and I took them all down as well.
I just needed to keep the photos i liked on the wall, photos of Hollywood sign, Walk of Fame, Malibu beach, Palm trees and more palm trees. I just loved LA and i didnt think anyone would understand unless they had been there. Of course the traffic was  pain in ass but still. I opened the window and just looked at our my yard. I had so many memories here. I liked living in Melbourne, Australia but i didnt see myself staying in Melbourne forever. I had big dreams, not like traveling around the world but i just needed to go back where i belong, which was California.
___________________________________
i was reading heart nuisance again and i was moved, again (im a dork i know) so i decieded to write a new chapter qucikly :) not sure when i will update cuz i need to start preparing for my midterm. thanks for reading :) and voteee thank you
-11/1/2012