Destroying The Elements Short Story 3 - The Wild Ones Fly

Lauren's POV

I'm just going to be honest here. I'm freaked out, Olivia and me and this new girl Mylee, are all stuck in jail cells. Also, Harley just got taken by Jay.

Suddenly, someone enters my cell and pops up right behind me. I instantly know that they control air because of the gust of wind that turns me around to face the stranger.

"Hi Lauren," the stranger says.

"Jake?" I ask, trying to see if it's actually him.

"Yes, I've missed you," the stranger whispers, moving closer to me.

"How did you get here? And why did you come here, of all places, from Canada?" I question.

"I and Jace met up in Minnesota and we met up with Jay in San Francisco. I came here to help my brothers," Jake says lamely, as if it wasn't a big deal to travel across all of the United States.

"Why did you come into my cell?" I ask, trying to see what he was going to do with me.

"Why I'm here to take you on a little adventure," Jake replies with a wink.

"Where are we going?" I say, getting intrigued.

"Wherever the wind blows," he answers, holding out his hand.

When I take his hand, the wind whips around us, and my first reaction is to huddle closer to him. Once we arrived to our first location, I realize what I am doing and I pull away.

"This is where we always wanted to go, don't you remember?" Jake asks quietly, bringing me over to sit on a bench and watch the ocean.

"I do, this is where we wanted to live, in a nice little house by the ocean," I reply in thought, remembering all those days when we used to play in the snow in Canada as little kids.

"Times have changed, haven't they?" He asks.

"They sure have, at least I got what we wanted," I sighed, looking out into the vast ocean, "This is where I met Olivia, and then we went to Hawaii and found Harley in one of the volcanoes there."

"Do you live in one of these?" Jake questioned, gesturing to the houses behind us.

"Yeah, do you want to go?" I wonder, standing up.

"I don't want to disturb you parents and family though," Jake sighed, looking at the houses lining the shore.

These stories just keep getting weirder and weirder. It just makes me wonder what I thought about all the time when I was younger that I didn't write about...