Destroying The Elements Short Story 1 - The Tables Have Turned

Olivia's POV

We stare at the note in shock, all of us not being able to fully process what was going on.

"Come on," Harley says, finally getting out of her shock.

"We need to go search for him," Lauren states.

"Fine," I respond, opening the front door and leading the way.

We walk to the sunny park, only to be interrupted by a boy around our age of 18 appearing in front of us from the trees lining the park entrance.

"I thought you read the note," the boy said, flashing them a villainous smile.

"Who is he?" Harley asks, standing tall.

"He's my brother," I mutter, not looking up from the ground.

"Welcome back sis," the boy says, grinning.

Then I snap, screaming at his face, "How could you Jay? How could you leave me alone all those years ago? Leave me and my friends alone you villain!"

Then I create an ice wall and run away, with my friends following closely behind. Once we got to the hangout I explained that Jay was my long lost brother and he was coming after us, probably for me.

After we finished talking, I and Harley engaged ourselves in a duel. Her fiery fire hissed against my water oasis, whipping around like a snake. Suddenly it formed together to make obsidian and we stood there, shocked. Before long, the rock shaped itself into the form of Harley. I glanced at Lauren and saw that her hands had a little bit of the obsidian on them.

She has powers, controls over the earth, I think, because I remembered that when you first got your power, you had a little bit of it stuck to your hands.

"Lauren, are you okay?" I ask, concerned.

"I, I gotta go," Harley stammered, running up the stairs.

"Where is she going?" Lauren suddenly stated.

"I don't know, but I don't like how she left," I reply, "And wherever she went, I have a feeling it isn't good."

We then sprint up the stairs and chase after her, but when we find her, it's too late.

"HARLEY!" I scream, running towards her.

Though before I reach Harley, she disappears.

"She's gone," I whimper, collapsing down onto the wooden floor, feeling warm comfort as Lauren rushes over.

"Come on," Lauren says, "Let's go."

I let Lauren lead me out the door, and as she does, she hands me a note.

Once I finish reading it, I walk towards the training dungeons, as we call them here. They're otherwise known as Long Beach, California's Monster Dome of Fighting. When we arrive, we walk in and are greeted by a wall of blasting fire. Then I pull my hands out of my jean pockets and the firewall is met by a 12-foot tall wave of water, reaching the fire and then freezing instantly, putting out the fire in seconds.

When we got to the other side of the ice wall, the first thing I see is Jay, smiling and controlling Harley like she was a part of him.

"Jay! Stop, please" I beg, walking up slowly.

Jay shoves Harley to the ground, and Lauren rushes to her, while Jay walks towards me. When he reaches me, he grabs my arm and turns me around. Once he turns me around, he holds my neck in his hand and controls air with his other.

"This is how it was supposed to be, Olivia," he whispers, his voice tingling my ear, "us four were supposed to be together, and control the world forever."

Lauren and Harley ran away as Jay talked to me, motioning for me to somehow get away from him too. When Jay finished, I just stood there for a second, thinking over his words. Then I launched myself out of his grip, backed away, and threw a ball of water at him.

We land ourselves into a full out battle, me pushing wave after wave of crystal clear water towards him, only to have him throw it out of his way with his wind. Once I had weakened a considerable bit, he picked me up and brought me over to him, muttering, "I love you, and you and your crew will never be able to escape my clutches, ever."

Then he released me and disappeared, leaving me laying on the ground. I got up and swirled out of there on water and went to relax and swim in the ocean.

When I got back to the house, Lauren and Harley were gone, and all I could find was a note. It read:

Dear Sis,

Unfortunately, your friends aren't the smartest. They are like bees waiting for their queen. And for their pain, you have to pay the price to free them.

Sincerely, Your bro,

J.

"He really tries, doesn't he!" I huff, storming out the door.

I walk back to the Monster Dome and once I get inside, I am greeted by being trapped into a jail cell, and my friends being freed. They try to run over to me, but get pushed off course by wind.

"Run, run while you can!" I yell, pushing them away with water, before my power disappears from my use entirely, by me being too weak to continue.

"Run my friends, but you shall remember, I am always, always watching," Jay bellows, followed by my friends going underground, which felt like I was giving a piece of my life up.

"It's just me and you sis, for now," Jay says warmingly, hugging my shoulder.

"They went underground didn't they?" I ask quietly.

"They did indeed," He agreed.

"Our time will come soon, to rise and to rule," He calls softly to me as I back away into the depths of my cell, "To rise and to rule!"

Before he finds another thing to torture me with, I choke out,

"To rise and to rule"

This is for people of all ages who like powers and the four main elements, earth, air, fire, and water. The choices I made as an author was if I really needed that bit of information in there. I also made some choices as an author by deciding what I should include in my story and which way I want it to go.

This is part one of the series, Destroying the Elements. This is a series of short stories. Thank you for reading, The Tables Have Turned. I hope you enjoyed it.

Sincerely, The author,

Gracely

That last bit from the author was at the end of the story...