unORDINARY Me Chapter 21

Christopher's P.O.V

It turns out me and Dylan have all the same classes so he could easily help me with all my work. It took like 3 hours but we finally finished and he had to go eat dinner so I was just sitting on my bed now, wondering what I should do next. Hmmm... Maybe I should call Tera, I mean we haven't really talked at all today except for that one time in the store earlier.

I thought about the scene from this morning and felt all the blood rush to my face. How soft her hands were, and the warmth of her hands. I don't know why but it was a feeling that I wanted to feel all the time.

Then out of past experiences I almost broke my neck from turning it too fast thinking that Ms. Ally was gonna be there watching me again.

But it wasn't...

"Dad? "

I felt my throat tighten and my heart beat quicken. I couldn't believe my eyes, he was supposed to be in the hospital for at least a month and yet here he is after 2 weeks.. Standing at my door.

"Dad... " My voice was barely above a whisper "what are you doing here? You're supposed to be in the hospital!"
I got up out of my bed and went to hug him.

"They let me out early for good behavior, haha" He was joking, he always joked in such serious situations.

"Joshua Elaine Lightman" Someone said and I heard my dad groan. "Ally... Have many times have I asked you not to use my middle name? You're not even supposed to know it! You stole my drivers license and found it out! " I heard Ms. Ally start laughing and she walked over to ruffle my dad's hair.

"You've always been a big baby about me using your middle name" She patted him on his head and went to proceed with dinner. He just chuckled and look back down at me. Then ruffled my hair as well.

"Has she been taking good care of you sport? " I nodded my head and straightened up my hair again.

"Yes sir, she has, I mean at least I can eat her food. Now see, YOUR food is sooo-" Before I could finish my sentence he started making noises to block out my words.

"Oookaayyy, ahhh lalalla. If I knew you were gonna diss my cooking as soon as I got home, I would have asked the cab driver to go a bit slower. " He laughed as he started walking toward to kitchen.

"Make sure to take a shower before you eat bud! " I heard him yell from downstairs.

"Yes sir! " I went to my dresser and got some clothes to change into.

*******************

After dinner

I heard a knock on my door and saw Ms. Ally standing there with a sad look on her face. "What's wrong? " I closed my science book and pushed it aside. She walked in and sat at the foot of my bed. Now she was worrying me, she was never like this.

"You know Christopher.. Your a really fun dude to hang out with, you remind me of your father when we were younger." I smiled because I thought this was going in a bad direction but turns out it wasn't.

"I mean yea, I try to be a fun guy haha, but how come you're telling me this? " I asked as I scratched the back of my neck. "Since your dad is back from the hospital, I'll take my leave in the morning Christopher." She looked me in the eye and smiled but my smile was gone...I wanted to cry.

"These past two weeks have been really great spending time with you, I always wondered how my best friend's kid turned out. I mean you've had a pretty shitty few months but yet here you are still smiling and laughing. You're a really strong kid Christopher and I hope that strength never leaves you. " She grabbed my hand and patted it then ruffled my hair and smiled. But I could see that she was really sad too.

Just as she was about to get up and leave, I gripped her hand. "Wait what? No why do you have to leave, just stay here, I mean- you don't- I've been-" My words aren't coming out right and to make matters worse, my eyes have started to tear up.

"You said that I was smiling but the only reason I was smiling was because you were here, taking care of me, making me feel loved again, and treating me like your son." She can't leave, the wound that she was healing without even trying was reopening and making me feel they same way I felt months ago on that hospital bed.

My heart literally felt like it was being torn in two, and my breathing became irregular. My asthma was acting up.

I felt her hand cup my cheek and I instantly settled into her hand, and started to calm down. "Hey, hey you can't do that sweetie, don't panic or let yourself go into that stage of hurt. You're gonna be just fine when I leave, I mean of course I'll come and visit you, just to see how your doing. My police unit transferred me here before I even knew your dad lived in this city." She said as she tried to make me feel better, it didn't work I was still crying, it wouldn't be the same.

She wouldn't be there to wake me up in the morning or sneak up on me when I'm blushing or doing something embarrassing. She wouldn't be here to make me spaghetti and meatballs as a surprise because she knows it's my all-time favorite food. It just wouldn't be the same.

"You can just stay in our guest room, nobody uses it and you were staying there anyways, you don't have to leave, I'm pretty sure my dad doesn't care and he won't just kick you out because he came back." I said as tears rolled down my face, I would literally break if she left right now, I can't do this without her, she become like a mom figure to me, I can't have ANOTHER mom leave me AGAIN.

"You can stay if you want to Ally. " I heard my dad say while leaning on my door frame. "I asked your training officer and he said that you were still looking for a place to stay because the transfer was so urgent. You can just stay here, I wouldn't mind and it seems as if my boy Christopher here has taken a real liking to you. " I looked at my dad surprised because I didn't expect him to be there and because he actually said that Ms. Ally could stay.

A/N:

Until we read again my fellow readers 🤓

Yall know what to do😊

Love you guys😘