unORDINARY Me Chapter 17

Tara's POV

She finished cleaning her room

I was just laying in the middle of my bed spread out like a star-fish. It was around 9 o'clock at night, it took me about 4 hours to clean my room. I wonder if Christopher is still up... Should I call him? I'll just text him to see if he is up or not. I took my phone out of my pocket and began texting.

(T=Tara) (C=Christopher)

T: hey are you asleep?

I sat there watching my phone for about a minute. I sighed "I guess he's asleep then" I said as I was about to put my phone under my pillow.

Ting

I froze... That was my notification sound, I smiled as I pulled my phone back from under my pillow.

C: who is this?

I chuckled a little, he probably didn't save my number yet.

T: it's Tera silly lol

He took a while to respond this time too.

C: oh yea, sorry about that Tera, how come you didn't call me?

I thought about it for a second...

T: My brother trashed my room and I had to spend all day cleaning it so I couldn't call. Im sorry.

He took about 3 minutes to answer this time as well.

C: Oh no it ok, my room is a little trashed too, I'll have to clean it up when my arm heals a little. You must be tired.

T: yeah I guess I'm a little tired but I wanted to tell you why I didn't call. Btw how come your taking so long to reply?

This time his reply came a little faster.

C: because I haven't regained control of my right arm yet, so I have to type with one hand sorry about that 😅 lol"

Oh yeah, I forgot about his injuries.

T: you don't have to be sorry lol I was just asking. Are you feeling ok? Like are you in pain or something?

I wanted to know that he was ok because he looked like he was in a lot of pain when I saw him earlier today.

C: oh yea I'm ok, not in any pain right now. I took some pain killers before I layed down so now I'm all drugged up lol. "

I chuckled at his choice of words but then I stopped to think... He doesn't actually do drugs right? I wouldn't know, I never asked him...

T: "wait... "

C: "what? "

T: "you don't do drugs right?"

5 mins had passed and he hadn't texted back yet.

"Oh god" I put my face in my hands "of course the ONE boy I like does drugs. " I just sighed and fell back on my bed. Well, that just my luck isn't it. I was about to go to sleep after about 10 mins thinking that he just wasn't gonna answer me and we would never talk to each other ever again, I cringed at the thought but I can't be involved with a boy that does drugs.

I pulled my cover up and laid my head down on my pillow.

"Guess I'll find someone else... " I said as I sighed and closed my eyes.

Ting

That's my notification sound. I grabbed my phone and clicked the power button with my eyes closed, I didn't know if I wanted to see what he texted back. Everytime I counted down from 3 I couldn't open then... I just didn't want to believe that Christopher was a bad person. After a while of fighting myself another "Ting" Rang out from my phone and I accidentally opened my eyes because of instinct to check my phone immediately when I get a text or notification.

What I saw on the screen gave me a sigh of relief that felt better than any sigh of relief I have ever had. The first text said.

C: "God no! My body is too weak for that AND I have asthma! "

And the second one said.

C: "plz believe me Tera I swear to god I would never take drugs, I'm sorry I took so long to respond.Ms. Lisa took my phone because she said I needed to take a shower, she took it right once I was about to hit send on the first message."

I smiled to myself, he feels like he has to explain to me. Well I was gonna stop talking to him so he kinda did need to explain but he did it without me asking him to. Then he texted again.

C: "can we call plz, my hand is cramping up cuz of all this typing and it's buddy is in critical condition so it has to type all by itself, I can feel it's pain😭"

I laughed at his joke, he was a funny guy but I also tensed up... If we called, what were we gonna talk about. I decided to go for it mostly because I thought about us having so much to talk about that one of us falls asleep on the phone and the other person doesn't hang up but puts the phone down and goes to sleep too and then when one of us wakes up we see that we had been on the phone for more than eight hours and then wakes the other one up through the phone. I knew I was over thinking it but I couldn't stop my teenage girl mind from going rampid.

T:  "sure why not, but you have to call me and save my number in you phone lol."

I stared at my phone for about ten second after I sent that text and jumped when his caller id pop up on my screen. I had him in my phone as 'Future ßF' and the picture that I took of him sleeping was his contact picture. I clicked the green button right once it popped up and held the phone to my ear. He spoke first.

"Hello "

I ran my fingers through my hair and sighed. His sleepy voice sounded amazing. I imagined me waking up to that voice, or his bed head everyday and automatically smiled.

"Hello? Tera? You there? " His words snapped me out of my trance.

"Yea yea I'm here Christopher. " I said as I pulled my cover over my head. "How's it goin?"

I heard him chuckle.

"It's goin pretty good, I mean other than the fact that I can't use my right arm, my side is killing me and I'm craving some Twizlers for some reason. " He said and I chuckled.

"I actually have like 300 packs of Twizlers in my pantry from Halloween " I said as I laughed " They've just been sitting there waiting for somebody to eat them. "

"That sounds amazing... Can I have like.... All of them? " He asked as he and I started laughing.

"I don't know if you would be able to eat them all. " I tried to say in between laughs.

"Oh trust me you have no idea how much I can eat something if I'm really hungry for it. " I stopped laughing when he said that.

"I want to say that came out wrong but I can't find the wrong in it. " He said as he started laughing again. I loved his laugh, his laugh was one of those laughs that would make you laugh if you were having the worst day ever. He started talking about something else and then something else, he had a pretty short attention span. And I just listened to him talk and I would respond or talk about something else.

Before I knew it, it was 2 in the morning and I heard him snoring while I was telling him a story from my child hood. I just smiled, layed the phone by my head and fell asleep to the sound of his snores.

A/N:

I don't even know what to write for this thing so I'll just say.... Ummmm.... Hi😅

Anyways, until we read again my fellow readers🤓

Plz vote, comment, share and follow😊

Luv you guys😘