unORDINARY Me Chapter 20

Christopher's P.O.V

When she got close enough to touch me, she dragged her fingers tips from my wrist to my fingers and lightly grabbed them. "It's okay" She tucked a piece of hair behind her ear "It was nice... It felt nice" She said as she lightly held my fingers.

Just then a customer came through the door and we both jumped. I could see how nervous she was "hello, welcome please come to me if you need help finding anything." I took this chance to glance up at the customer.

It was Dylan.

I guess he felt someone looking at him because he looked my way and his eyes widened. I raised the hand that Tera was holding and awkwardly waved.
It seemed like he recognized me too cause his face lit up and he semi-yelled while waving.

" Hey Christopher! How you been?" He started walking towards me and Tera subtly backed up and shuffled back to behind the register.

I chuckled and scratched the back of my neck. "I've been pretty good, my arm is getting better" I raised my right arm "as you can see heh" I assumed he would stop walking once he got in front of me but he hugged me. I was surprised by the action but I instinctively hugged him back. Then I heard him mumble something.

"I'm really glad man, you have no idea how worried I was about you. I know we haven't known each other that long or even hung out once but I cling to people really easily. " Then he backed up out of the hug and patted my shoulder "so I'm really happy that you're okay man" I saw his light brown eyes get glossy and he grabbed the end of his shirt to wipe his eyes.

It....made me feel good that someone was that worried about me. It made me feel like I mattered to some people. I smiled an actual smile for the first time in a while. I put my hand on his shoulder.

"Thanks for caring about me dude, it means a lot. " I felt my own eyes tearing up and I blinked the tears away. It seemed like we both realized the awkwardness of the position that we we're in so we let go of each other and shuffled around a bit.
"So... You shopping for something? " He said trying to change the topic and looking anywhere but me. I chuckled and nodded.

"Yea I'm here to get some eggs for breakfast.How about you? You shoppin for somethin? " I asked tilting my head toward the rest of the store.

"Uh, yea yea I'm here to get my sister some uhh... Yea" He motioned toward his abdomen area, I didn't get it and I guess he saw that on my face. "Umm some feminine products" I thought for a bit and..."OHHHH... oh.. Oh yea that." I coughed a bit and scratched the back of my neck.

"Yea she can't get them and my mom is at work, so I volunteered because she needed them so uhh yea here I am" He shrugged and put his hands in his pockets. I didn't really know much about that stuff.. I mean I would assume that no male knew much about that stuff. But then I realized "what about your dad? " I asked. His facial features hardened and he looked down at the ground. "He uhh... He left us, for his other family" His voice was angry and spiteful but mostly hurt... Really hurt.

"Oh.. I'm sorry, I didn't know" He looked up at me and his features softened. "How would you have known? " He said as he shrugged and walked past me. I guess I hurt him, I didn't mean to. I looked behind me to see where he was going and I realized that he was looking at the.. the uhh feminine products.

Oh yea I forgot heh.

*****************
A few hours later, Christopher is home now and Dylan got his sister some pads lol

I still had lots of work from my last 2 classes since Tera and me didn't get much done the last time she was here to help me study. I thought back to the last time she was here.

"Whatcha thinking about? "

"WOAH! " I jumped at the sound and accidentally dragged my pen across my paper. I looked over at the cause of me having to do my homework over again because of this unruly like that has appeared on my paper. It was Ms. Lisa... Why is she always there when I'm doing something embarrassing, someone please tell me why.

"Nothing, I'm not thinking about anything. " I said as I crumbled my paper and grabbed another one.

"You sure? Cause your face was pretty red. " She said as she walked out my room closing my door behind her. I started writing my name on my paper. "This is so stupid now I gotta do my homework work again cause she can't knock and I wasn't even thinking about anythi-" I mumbled..then I remembered what or more precisely who I was thinking about. "Oh yea, Tera" I scratched the back of my neck and looked at my door way.

"OH MY GOD!! Jesus Christ Ms. Lisa don't you knock!?!" I screamed as I clenched my heart and took a deep breath in to steady it. She shook her head.

"Nope, never have, never will. Anyways, so you were thinking about Tera. Ha I was right. " She made a satisfied face with herself but I was still thinking about the fact that she would never knock on my door.

"What if I'm butt naked and you walk in!?!? It's not my fault if see that sight! " I said as I got up out of my bed. It looked like she started thinking about something because she started nodding her head.

"I can see the problem with that heh, alright I guess I can knock. " She said as she walked away. I just stood there... Is she seriously serious right now. Just then I heard my phone ring. I saw that it was Daniel. Huh? How did he get my number? I picked it up.

"Hello? "

"Hey! What's up dude? "

"Uhh nothing much but um how did you get my number? " I asked hoping that he wasn't stalking me.

"Ha, I'm not a stalker or anything, I got it from Tera, she's my friend heh"

"Ohh okay that makes sense"

"Yea heh, so... Whatcha doing? "

"Oh nothing just some homework Tera brought me, she's not in like 2 of my classes so I have to do it by myself"

"Oh really well what classes do you have, I can probably help with some. "

My eyes widened.

"Really!?! Oh my gosh dude you have no idea how much that would help me. "

"Haha, yea no problem man. "

A/N:

Until we read again my fellow readers 🤓

Yall know what to do😊

Love you guys😘