unORDINARY Me Chapter 6

Christopher P.O.V

"Christopher I'm off to work! Breakfast is on the table! Have fun at school and be on time!" My dad yelled from downstairs right before he slammed the door that made in echo in our almost empty house.

My mom's job was the job that brought in the most money, she was a heart surgeon. It's pretty ironic cause she saves lives for a living and the one day that she had off she died and usually adults days off consisted of having fun or sleeping or doing work from home or just some regular grocery shopping. My mom's day off consisted of her annoying 14 year old son bothering her to go to the park with him and dying in a car crash. I smiled to stop the tears from falling. When my dad first told me that she died, I instantly knew that it was my fault and it seemed like he read my facial features cause he kneeled down beside my bed and grabbed my hand and said" This is NOT your fault Christopher so don't you DARE think that ANY of this is your fault." He said that with a face full of sympathy, but I could still see in his eyes, that little shimmer of hate that he had grown for me, it wasn't big enough for other people to notice it, but for someone who has been with him for 14 years, I knew when he was mad and the look in his eyes was beyond mad.

Guess it's time to get ready for school. I'm gonna leave the house when there is a lot of kids going to school so I won't have to go through what happened yesterday again. I only got a glimpse at the guy before I started running down the street to my school, but he looked an awful lot like the doctor with the creepy smile.

Blue baggy jeans, yellow collered shirt, cat socks, and some red Jordans. It didn't match at all but when have I ever cared about my clothes matching. It's not that I hated matching, I just didn't care about it. Alrighty time to eat breakfast. Usually when your parents say breakfast is on the table, they made some eggs, bacon, grits, sausages, and some orange juice. My breakfast consisted of cereal and milk with 1 strawberry. -_-. I'm just gonna assume that my dad doesn't know how to cook, because my mom did all the cooking and cleaning and helping with homework...come to think of it..I think I depended on my mom more than I did on my dad and that probably explains why we have been having fast food or take out for dinner every day since I came out of the hospital.

I had been sitting at the table thinking about my life for so long that I forgot about school, it's a good thing high schoolers are loud cause it was their ruckus outside that snapped me out of my daydream. I shoved the rest of the stale cereal down my throat, threw on my bookbag and ran out the door. I saw the same black car outside that I saw yesterday but I wasn't as scared because I was in a crowd of high schoolers. " Bro she was crazy in bed, I'm surprised that she was a virgin" I heard a senior say. I'm guessing he did the "dirty" with a girl yesterday. I was always scared to do that cause my mom said that my wee wee would fall off if I did AND I NEED THAT THING TO PEE.

When I finally got to school, I headed straight for the front office, hopefully it wasn't locked this time. And as if the universe read my mind, the door was unlocked. When I walked in there was a old lady sitting at the counter with reading glasses sitting on the tip of her nose. She had on a green blouse and a long skirt with low cut heels. I've been known for my observant side. "Umm, hello is this where I'm supposed to get my schedule?" The old lady jumped as if she didn't know that I was standing there. "Oh hello young man" her voice was soft and kind like a grandma's voice." Hello, I'm here for my schedule" I said while scratching the back neck." Oh yes, sorry I was doing a crossword puzzle." She said while shuffling through some paperwork." What is your first name young man?" She said looking at me over the top of her glasses." Uhh.. C..c..christopher.. Christopher Lightman." I said stuttering in between my words." Well Mr. Lightman, do you have any sort of special powers?" She asked." Uhh..yeah I can read minds and stuff and control the electricity." I said realizing how my name and my powers match. " Well I need you to wear this wrist band." She said holding out a small bracelet that was covered in some type of fabric." This wrist band will stop all use of your powers while you have it on. You cannot take this off on school premises for any reason whatsoever, if you do you will be immediately arrested. This will also serve as your school ID, so if you don't have it you can pay 75 dollars for a new one or face being suspended for a week. Any questions? I know it's a tad harsh, but it's not my rules, they're hers." She pointed to a woman about thirty years older than me.

"Do you have any powers at all? " I asked in a curious tone. "Oh I do." She said as she look up at the smoke detector. "I can simply  control smoke. She said in a kinda disappointed tone. " Here is your schedule,  you only have 3 classes" She said while handing me a piece of paper which I assumed to be my schedule." You only have about five minutes to get to class,  so you'd better be on your way. " I nodded and walked out of the front office. "DING,  DING,  DING!" Well that's the bell. Alrighty, my first class is room 293, Mrs. Ukraine.

Pronounced: (you-crane)

Authors note:
Hey guys,  hope you enjoyed this long chapter, I had a friend help me with this chapter so it might seem a little different.

Please like, comment, fan, and vote! 😊