Chapter 38

~Juliette~

I woke up to someone stroking my hair, I looked up to see Zac looking down at me with his hand in my hair. He gives me a small smile, "Finally your awake" He said while leaning down and  giving my forehead a kiss.

I snuggling into his chest, wanting to stay here forever. "Juliette, you need to get up otherwise you wont be able to sleep tonight." He said whispering in my ear, before moving to sit up with his back against the wall.

I started to sit up when my belly turned, the food finally reaching my stomach. I gagged as my stomach started to reject the food. "No, no, no, Juliette." Zac said while quickly grabbing a bowl from the side table and giving it to me in case I throw up my food. "You need to keep the food down. Please, Juliette" He said rubbing my back. I swallowed hard trying to keep my food down, tears started to gather in my eyes as my stomach pulled and tensed.

I grabbed on to his hand hard, lacing my finger between his. I swallowed again, finally managing to stop the gagging. I sat there for a minute or so while my stomach continued to keep turning. When it finally started to calm down, I lent back into Zac's arms again. He pulled me into his chest, kissing my forehead.

We just sat there in silence when suddenly the doors to the infirmary burst open and in walked Katie. She looked around the room before her eyes landed on me, she quickly rushed over.

"Oh my god, he is here. Everyone was going around whispering that someone saw Zac, but I thought it was just rumours" she started her word vomit. "Oh my god are you okay, I heard from Vanessa that you were out and about. I was on my way to come and meet you lot, when something happened and Vanessa stop messaging me. And so I didn't know where you were. Then she finally messaged me back saying you passed out and you were in the infirmary. Then they wouldn't let me in, saying they needed to let the nurses see you. And then while I was waiting I heard everyone talking about Zac being back and then someone came and brought me here, saying I could see you now." She said breathing in a big breath after saying her word vomit about what happened.

A smile spread across my face at the sight of my cousin. "I'm fine Katie" I said as she stood there bent over with her hands on her knees, out of breath. I tabbed the edge of the bed, inviting her to sit down. "Come sit down before you collapse on the floor" I say smiling.

She sat down on the end the bed, facing both me and Zac. She smiled at us looking at me in Zac's arms. "So when did you get back?" She asked Zac, propping her head up with her hand.

"I came back yesterday" Zac replied looking down at me smiling. "Juliette couldn't believe it, she thought I was her imagination" He said letting out a laugh.

I felt my cheeks heat up, turning my face bright red at just the thought of how I reacted when I first saw him. I hit him on the chest in embarrassment.

I looked over at Katie to see her lips twitching, She wanted to laugh but I could see the sadness in her eyes. She was clearly thinking about what I have been like since I got back and not having Zac here.

I gave her a small innocent smile to let her know that everything is going to be okay.

"Oh, my mum has been calling me non stop asking about you. I know she is worried but damn. Hearing her winy voice twenty four seven is killing me. But don't worry she will be here tomorrow, so you can get your fair share of her" She said smiling her cheeky smile at me.

A smile takes over my lips, "I feel like it's been forever since I've seen aunt Ruth" I say as Zac pulls me closer to him, making me snuggle more into his chest.

"How have classes been?" I asked Katie to see what it's has been like since I haven't been there.

"Arhhhh, horrible" She said flinging herself across the bed so she was laying on her back along the bottom of the bed near our feet. "God, It's worse than before. They are working us harder, making me exhausted all the time. I'm either doing classes or sleeping." She groaned.

I smiled at her, "And that's why I'm happy I haven't started my classes yet." She glared at me for rubbing it in her face.

I stretched my legs out, wiggling my toes out in her face giggling while she struggled to get away. "No, no, no, no." She screamed covering her face and sitting up quickly. "Dirty, absolutely dirty." She said as she gagged.

Zac started laughing beside me making his chest, that I was snuggled up to, rumble.

"Your horrible, you know that" She said as she wrinkled her nose looking down at my feet. When she finally looked away from my feet, she looked up to my face. "So, do you know when you are coming back to class" She asked.

I shake my head at her, "No, It hasn't been discussed yet" I say to her looking down at my hand nervously knotting and unknotting my fingers together.

Katie gave me an encouraging smile before looking down at her watch. "Oh I better go, I've got to get to class."She said standing up and straightening out her clothes. "I'll come find you tomorrow." She says as she starts to leave, "Oh don't forget my mum is coming tomorrow, see you later" She said waving with her back still to us.

Hey guys, I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Let me know what you think. Like and comment.

~B