Chapter 16

~Zac POV~

Juliette has been missing for 10 days and we have searched everyday for her. The more days that go past the more ground has been searched, however we have come up with nothing. 

Each night I get no sleep as all that goes through my brain is what torturous things Juliette could be going through. Wondering who has her and where they have taken her. If they have been feeding her, giving her something to drink and- and if shes even still al- no! no I cant think like that. Thoughts of terrible different thing happening whirled in my head twenty four seven and the only thing that even slightly distracts me from those thoughts is searching for her.

Through these past couple of days we have kept in the same groups and I've gotten to know most of their names, but don't really talk to them much apart from Taylor. His tried keeping me off thinking about all the bad things that could be happening to Juliette. His a tall guy with pitch black hair that he flicks to the side, his element is water like Juliette.

While having long day searches he would chat about anything he could to keep my mind occupied, but not enough to distract me from looking for tracks. Its nearing the end of the day and the sun is quickly going down, bringing a close to today search. 

We were walking back cutting across, so we could get home quickly before the sun is down. I was walking in front when someone called my name and I turned around to find Taylor look down at the mud through some bushes.

"Come on Taylor we have no time for delays, if we don't keep going now we are going to get into trouble and I really can't deal with my dad at the moment" I said as I turned back around.

"No Zac, you need to see this, I think I've found the tracks that will lead us to Juliette!"He shouted in excitement, even though he doesn't know Juliette, I've told him about her and he can't wait to meet her.

I look back and quickly run to the spot which he is looking at and I look down to see chunky foot prints which deeply puncher the mud which tells me either a very heavy man has walked through these bushes or a man carrying extra weight, like the weight of Juliette. The prints were slightly faded but had stayed in shape from the ground being so cold and the mud had frozen in shape. I quickly follow the tracks complete ignoring that we are meant to back by now.

I follow the tracks until they vanish as they have been covered up. I split my team up in three directions to look to see if they can find any more tracks.

*          *          *

Its completely dark now and its been about 3 hours and we planned to meet up after 2 hour back at the place the tracks finished. The group that went left of the tracks still haven't come back.

"Come on lets go looking for th-" I was cut off when the last group came rushing through the bushes.

"We are.... so sorry, we started walked and we walked further than we thought...... and we found more tracks and we came running back" A brunette girl, Jane, said out of breath from running with the rest of the group behind her all out of breath as well.

"You found more tracks!?" I exclaimed as I looked at the group and they all nodded. "where?" I said walking closer to them, trying to get more information out of them urgently.

"About 2 and half to 3 miles from here" A blond boy, Jake, said pointing in the direction they came from, panting, out of breath.

"Lets get going, come show me where the tracks are!" I started walking, almost running, in the direction they came. Not even checking to see if they were following me, to show me the way that they found the tracks.