Chapter 23

~Zac POV~

My eyes fluttered open as all I saw was green. I was laying down on my front. The thing I was laying on was hard and bumpy and was stabbing me.

Dirt was all I smelt.

And my muscles ached as I tried sitting up but failed and fell back on my face. I groaned.

I tried again and I was more successful. I sat there look around me and all I saw was was trees and grass. I looked around confused.

Where the hell am I.

I didn't recognise any of this forest and I looked off to my left to see a cottage near by, and on my right was a busy road.

I looked down at myself to see my clothing ripped and holes in from run past trees and bushes that caught on to me. Mud and dirt cover me as if I had been rolling in a giant mud pile. All my muscles ache, and protested from my movement I made.

Why was I running again.

Then it hits me. The loss and heartbreak from losing Juliette hits me as tears pour out of my eyes. Pain shot through my heart as the loss of Juliette took its toll on me.

I struggled up to a standing position just with the support of a near by tree. I started to stumble towards the road. My vision blurred as tears gathered in my eyes and tracked paths down my face.  I used the blurry trees to help support me as I swayed unsteadily as my legs were unsteady. I headed towards the right, towards the road. 

My legs shifted under the weight of myself as my muscles protested. I swayed out on to the road until my legs collapsed. My jeans ripped as my knee scraped against the floor tearing my the skin on my knees and the whole of my forearms were tore apart as pain tore through me. I just laid there for a moment as the pain coursed through my arms and legs. I laid there on the road in silence as my head spun from the impact of me landing on the floor.

I need to get back, I thought and I slowly put my arm under nether me and used all my strength to push my self up. I managed to get to my knees. When suddenly I hear a loud horn go off and I felt the ground rumble sightly.

I looked up to see a front of a car and two lights shining at me, Then nothing.

~Taylor POV~

I quickly turned around and walked out the room. Disappointed at myself and for not being able to do anything for Zac. Just as I walked out I stumbled into someone but was gone into the room before I could see them, all I saw was brown hair.

I shook my head as I headed left and  walked through the long corridors. The long corridors  busy with rushing students as they buzzed around with the news of the teachers and higher up students coming back. I eventually got to my room.

I opened my door and flopped on my bed. Rolling over on to my back, I covered my face with my hands.

What am I going to tell Zac.

Where the hell is Zac.

~Vanessa POV~

I rushed in to the infirmary hurriedly knocking into someone in the process. I rushed through the doors without looking back only to stop once I see a nurse covering Juliette with a white sheet.

"Nooooooooooo" I screamed as pain shot through me as I looked at Juliette's deathly pale skin as I fell to the fall clutching my chest. "No no no no" I scream shaking my head as tears fell now my face as I looked over at my best friends and saw the nurse run out of the room from the corner of my eye.

I knelt there crying my heart out for what seemed like hours but was most likely only a minutes. My hands covered my puffy eyes as my face was covered with tears.  The heart breaking pain consumed me as I thought of my best friend dead and the thoughts of all the things she had been through.

I cried for the things that had happened to her while she was kidnapped, the life which she has hardly lived and the things shes is going miss now that she is gone and also cried for never being able to say goodbye to her.

I quickly got up and ran over to the side of the bed and knelled down next to the bed as I grabbed her hand which felt cold in my clasp. 

I cried as I looked at my friend as her pale face was sunken from the weight loss, her blonde greasy and dark bags under her eyes. She had cuts down her arms fresh and old, swollen fingers that looked shattered.

Suddenly her chest heaved up and air was sucked into her lungs and her dull blue eyes popped open.

I did the only thing I could do. I screamed.

Sorry I'm quite late on this update as I having been working a lot. I hope you will enjoy this chapter, I will hopefully update again soon.

And don't forget to vote, I really appreciate it.

~Bethany