"It is now. You are going to be my right hand man or woman, whatever."

"It's going to be exhausting." I mutter.

"I don't care, you do this to me, you pay the price." He says after the warning bell rings. "Plus, you're staying in school late, we have work to do for the audition."

"You're seriously going on with the competition in this state?" I ask slinging his backpack over my shoulder.

"Yes, it's my leg that is hurt not my hands."

"You didn't tell that to the girls that were feeding you at lunch."

"Were you stalking me?" He asks smirking.

"Ew, what? gross. You were making it obvious." I defend myself. He shakes his head and we head to class.

"What are you doing on my left hand side?" He asks.

"Uh?"

"I thought I told you that you're my right hand woman."

"Are you kidding me?!" I whine.

"No."

"Ugh!" I move to his right hand side and smile up to him. "Satisfied?"

"Very," he smiles back and stops in front of the civics class, "this is my stop."

"Mine too," I say.

"Well, aren't I lucky?" He said.

"Yeah sure." I open the door to reveal a teacher who looks pissed at us, me to be precise.

"Glad you could join us, Miss Colton, Mr Tucker." Mr Brent says with his voice dripping with sarcasm.

"Yeah, it's my fault. I delayed Miss Colton because I wanted her to help me to class." He says nonchalantly.

Did he just defend me? I guess this job has it's advantage.

"Okay, don't be late next time. I'm only letting you go because of your injury Mr Tucker, you too Miss Colton." I nod and find my way to my seat, I see Jenny who is smiling and waving at me, I wave back weirdly and she mouthes "we need to talk." I guess we all know what follows those four words. So thanks for the heads up Jenny.

I take my seat and place Will's books on the desk next to mine, since it's the only empty seat in class. I take out my own books, ready to learn.

~~~~~~

"So these are the notes you'll need to follow." Will explains dropping a large paper full of songs and notes.

"Wait!" I stop him, "is everyone going to perform the same song?" I ask.

"No, I already asked Miss Reynolds.." That must be Jenny and what's with the Miss? "...to collect the first set of songs, which is 50, from the contestants."

"So they are performing slow songs." I ask placing the songs on the piano.

"Some..." Well that's going to be boring. "...and others are going to be fast, can you pay the piano fast?" He asks and I nod. "Good and sometimes slow songs brings out your voice." He States.

"Eh, I don't think so." I disagree.

"Whatever. Arrange whatever you need too and we'll get started."

I already asked William how many hours this audition would take, so I could tell my sister, but he said he didn't know, but I texted my sister 2 hours. If it takes more than that, I'm outta here.

I look at the stage and imagined myself singing. I am suppose to be part of this audition, like the singing part. But because of that stupid rule and the fact that our school doesn't have a good pianist, other people at interested in other instruments like the guitar and drums, so I'm stuck behind the piano.

I blink back the tears that are threatening to fall down, when I see William coming back with the first candidate.

I guess my dreams will have to wait.

I swear I'm crying. 😭
Meh!
Did you enjoy?
Comment and vote.

 😭Meh! Did you enjoy?Comment and vote

Hannah.