Chapter twelve

Tiana was right I got this and also nobody has decided to bite me so far, though they looked like they would do much more if they had the chance to. The worse they've actually done is stare, scowl, glare, murmur and whisper, that's about it.

And I haven't had the chance to apologize to Will Tucker since he can't go anywhere without his fans following him around. At lunch some girls even offered to feed him, which kinda bugged me since, it's his legs that is broken not his hands.

Also, I think Jenny is avoiding me. I haven't seen her since morning and she wasn't in the cafeteria during lunch. You'll think she was different and won't ditch me when things get tough, but I guess they are all the same.

"Hey," some girl in my math class waves her hand snapping me from my thought.

"What?" I ask, jotting down what the teacher had written before I went to dream land.

"Is it true you hit Will Tucker with your car?" She whispers so the teacher won't hear.

What is shestupid? What else would I hit him with a truck?

"Yeah." I say annoyed.

"What are you blind?" She asks with spite. From the looks of it she looks like she wants to audition for the competition and doesn't want it to be delayed.

"Well, considering the fact that I am currently wearing glasses," I answer pointing to the pair of googles on my eyes, "what do you think?!" I shoot back.

Thank God I took my glasses instead of my contacts, if not I'd be stuck explaining to dumb people like this chick that I actually wear glasses.

The bell rings signaling the end of class and everyone sprints out of the classroom. I see the girl in front of me as I leave the class whisper to her friend something like, "she didn't even deny it."

Duh! Mama always taught me not to lie.

And the friend says, "I'm sure she isn't remorseful." Of course Will didn't show them my 'I am sorry' card.

I walk to my locker to take my book for the next class and I see a poster that says there's still going to be an audition.

I guess that's why Will came to school today.

My next class is Civics and I'm sure it's going to be awkward as hell, not only am I sharing that class with Jenny, I am also sharing it with Will. Cue the humiliation.

I close my locker and head to class, then I see some geek dude with Will at his locker carrying his books and bag for him. Will catches my eye and I look away, then I see him walking, cross that, limping towards me.

Oh my god! I can't do this right now, I can't have a tardy for two consecutive weeks.

"Hey!" he says as he reached me, he takes his books from the geek boy and hands it to me with his bag and I give him a confused look. "You can go." He says to the geek dude who just nods and walks away.

"Um, hi?" I say, trying to position his book in my hand, "what's all this?" I ask holding up his property.

"You'll carry those to class for me." He states like this was a normal routine.

"Um, why?" I ask still confused.

"I'm sure you see what you did to me." He gestures to himself.

Is this guy seriously guilt tripping me right now?.

"I said I was sorry!" I whine.

"Well, sorry is not enough."

"This was not part of the condition." I remind him.