Chapter three

"I'm home!" I announce silently as I walked into my house. I see Tiana watching Spongebob square pants and I try to sneak my way upstairs.

"Oh, hey!" Tiana says diverting her attention away from the TV, "You're home early, I thought you'd stay a little longer, you know, to talk about the rock camp."

"No, change of plans," I answer sniffing.

I just want to go upstairs and cry on my pillow.

"Are you okay?" She asks noticing my voice.

"Yeah, why are you at home?" I ask, she is supposed to be in college.

She goes to a community college near our house and they close at six and this 3:45 pm.

"I had morning classes today." She answers looking at me weirdly. She can sense something is wrong with me.

"Where are mum and dad?" I ask as I make my way to the kitchen.

"They are still at work." She answers tagging along behind me.

"Are you sure you're okay?"She asks as I search the fridge for ice cream "You look kinda bummed."

"Yes, I'm fine" I answer taking the cap off the tube. "I just don't wanna talk about it."

"Well, I have just the thing to cheer you up."

"Is it better than ice cream?" I ask taking a full spoon into my mouth.

"Much better. Come on!" She says dragging me out of the kitchen into the living room and taking the remote off the coffee table.

"So.....I was bored at home and I was flicking through the channels." She says flipping through the channels.

No wonder she was watching SpongeBob.

"And I saw this." She says stopping at a news channel.

        "After Stephanie Hunter wins the Rock battle Will Tucker decides to come back home to find more talent. And he is not just going to any high school. He is going to WESTBROOKE HIGH.
Some people say........."

I completely zone out after the announcer made the announcement.

Will Tucker is coming to Miami he is coming to my HIGH SCHOOL!

Will Tucker used to be a senior in Westbrook high, only a grade higher than me. He left to pursue his music career after he won the Rock battle and now he is back.

I grab my sister's by her cloth and shout. "Will Tucker is coming back to WESTBROOK HIGH!"

"Yeah, I'm sure the newscaster already established that." She says taking my hands off her. "Listen." Then I look back at the TV.

"Not only is he coming back, but he is also planning a singing competition in Westbrookehigh and the winner gets to sing a duet with him in his new album 'forever yours'."

" Ahhh!" I scream as I jump up and did my happy dance. "I'm gonna be famous! I'm gonna be famous!."

"Whoa, now stop right there Sia." She says sarcastically. "The competition has not even started yet and I'm sure there are a lot of talented people in Westbrook high, so don't get your hopes high." She says taking out of my ice cream, which I have completely deserted.

"Whatever, killjoy!" I turn my attention to the TV then I saw them showing a replay of the Rock battle.

They showed Stephanie's performance and she was singing my song. The song I wrote for her on her birthday. So she used my song to win the Rock battle and she had the guts to say my lyrics suck.