Chapter fourteen

NOT EDITED!!.

When we get home, I go straight to my room to take a shower and do my homework before working on my song. I mean even if I can't audition anymore, I can sing if I want to.

When I finish, I head downstairs to help mum make dinner. "Hi, mother," I say taking my seat at the kitchen island.

"Hi," she gives me a quick glance before going back to what she was mixing. "Where's your sister?" She asks.

"In her room, she says she has a project she has to finish."

"That girl," she sighs, "she has potentials, I don't know why she's hell bent on going to community college."

"Expenses mum, you're forgetting the expenses." I remind her.

"I know," she groans and angrily places the batter on the island. "It's just that there's so much I wish I could do for you and your sister."

"Yeah mum, we know that and you don't see us complaining." I try to console her.

"Yes and that's why I love you." She smiles and I nod. The front door opens and my dad walks in.

"Daddy!" I jump down from the stool and hug him.

"Hi, cupcake." He chuckles and crushes me with his hug.

Yeah, our family may not be rich, but we love each other.

"I smell chicken." He says taking off his jacket. So that's what she cooking.

"Hey, honey." He says and hugs my mum from behind. Okay! Let's keep it PG 13, here shall we.

"Hi, welcome." My mum turns around to kiss him. Ew!.

"Um, your soup is burning!." I shout, before clearing my throat. They stop and my mum sends a glare my way.

"What are you doing here anyway?." She asks going back to her cooking and my dad takes a seat in front of me.

So she knows it's weird for me to be in the kitchen.

"Yes!" I clasp my hand together. "I had a chat with Mrs Tucker."

"Who is that?" Dad ask.

"Will Tucker's mum, dad." I deadpan.

"Will Tucker...." He trails, "I've been hearing this boy's name around too much, do you have a crush on him or something?." My mum drops her spoon and burst into laughter. I glare at her before glaring at my dad.

"No dad!, he's having this musical competition and I'm working with him...mum! Explain." I groan. This is one of the cons of my dad's reservedness, he has zero idea about what goes on around the house.

"Wait! Isn't this Will guy, the guy you almost sent to an early grave?"  Way to state the obvious dad. Mum hits his arm and he winces in pain. Serves him right.

"Yes dad, Will is the guy I accidentally hit with my car." I say through gritted teeth. I narrow my eyes at him daring him to ask anymore annoying questions. He shuts up and my mum does the talking.

"So what did Mrs Tucker say?" She asks.

"As I was saying," I start, looking away from my dad, "she offered me a job."

"A job?!" They say in unison.

"Why the hell would she do that?" My dad asks.

"Freddy!" My mum shouts.

"What?!" He asks oblivious to what he has done. "I'm just asking why she would offer her a job, I mean I get we are not rich, but we are not beggars...."

"Dad...dad!" I shout trying to calm him down. He is getting worked up over nothing. "It's not like that." I say after he has calmed down. "The night I hit Will Tucker, I was rambling about going on a job hunt, so they thought I still need a job."

"Okay?," he gestures for me to go on.

"So you know I hit her son, that means he can't drive and so on, so she asked me if I could be driving him instead, to school that is. To and fro and she said she will pay me."

"Well, that's generous of her." My mum says going back to her cooking.

"So what did you say?" Dad wants to know.

"I told her, that I had to let you guys know first."

"That's good," he nods.

"So do you want the job?" Mum ask.

"Do you want me to have the job?." I ask back.

"You're the one looking for a job, it's our job to support you."

"So you mean, if I got a job as a stripper you'd support me?." I joke and they both glare at me. "Yeah, bad joke." I mutter.

"I think it's nice of her to give you a job. If you want it, take it." Mum says.

"But how would you get to his house from here." Dad asks.

"Well, since you've temporarily given my car to Tiana," I say and they smile sheepishly, "I thought that maybe, she can be dropping me at his place in her way to college and we'll both go to school from there."

"But won't you be late?"

"I don't know, I guess I'll try it first." I sigh. I got myself into this mess.

"Okay, since that is settled," dad says getting up from his stool, "I have to take a shower." He says and kisses my mum's cheeks and I roll my eyes. "It's not like you don't see much worse in those movies you watch." He smirks at me before heading upstairs.

"Those movies Tiana watches, you mean!" I shout after him.

I hear him laugh and I smile as I watch my mum cook. It's actually fun watching her cook, especially when she jumps back when she wants to fry the chicken.

"But seriously, do you have a crush on Will Tucker?" Mum asks from nowhere.

"Mum, come on!" I whine. I groan and get up from my seat. "Call me when dinner is ready." I say and stomp up to my room. I can still hear her laughing as I get to my room. I slam my door.

Laugh it up mother!

This one is short, and no James Anderson like I promised.
I'm sorry. This one is more like a bonus chapter.

 This one is more like a bonus chapter

Hannah.