Chapter two

I quickly swerve into the empty parking space I saw. “Asshole!” The guy I am competing with for space curses.

“Sorry!” Not sorry. “My bad,” I say waving at him through the window who gives me the middle finger.

Rude much!. It’s not my fault he is driving like a snail.

It’s really hard to get a parking space in my school. Almost everyone in my school has a car and those of us who don’t, have to ride the loud, smelly bus full of freshmen.

Glad I’m out of that league.

I grab my bag and get out of the car; I lock it and look around to see if Steph was in school. I instantly smile when I see her car.

I texted her last night to tell her not to pick me up since she hasn’t been picking my phone calls since the beginning of summer. I figured she would be busy with all the camping stuff.

I swing my backpack over my shoulder and walk into the school building. I go straight to my locker, putting all my books in there before looking around for a certain blonde.

I recognize her almost immediately because of her pink designer bag (her dad is rich) and her pink jacket.

You guessed it, pink is her favorite color.

But she straightened her hair, which is wrong because she never straightens her hair, she always likes to put it in a ponytail or a messy bun.

I see her speaking to Kimi, the Asian girl in my art class, who is a total snub because her dad owns the best Chinese restaurant in town.

Anyway, I call Stephanie twice, but it’s like my Best friend has gone deaf or she is just ignoring me.

“Stephanie!” I try louder this time, which earned me glares from the students walking the hall.
I sigh and walk up to her.

“So he was like, I like your hair,” she says to Kimi as I approached her. “And I was like, no, I like your hair.”

Hair! She’s ignoring me because of hair?!

“Stephanie!” I say, tapping her shoulder.

“What?!” She turns to face me, looking annoyed, while Kimi glares at me.

“Whoa. Chill, it’s just me.” I say once I catch a whiff of her perfume.

Did she bath in perfume today?

And also she looked different, like good different. I’m not gonna lie.

“You look good. Is this what camp does to people?.” I ask, completely forgetting her outburst earlier. “Cause if it is, I’m so going next year.”

“Like you can afford it.” Kimi snickers and Stephanie joins her.

I pretend like I didn’t hear her and continue with Stephanie. “So Hi! how was camp? I heard Will Tucker was the star they brought in this year. Did you show him my lyrics? I bet you did and are you wearing makeup?” I ask, completely shocked as she put her perfectly manicured fingers on my mouth to stop me from babbling again.

“Look, Maria, I’ll see you later okay?” She says taking her hand off my mouth and cleaning it on my cloth “and drool much?” She says before walking away with Kimi.

Okay.....what just happened?

Is it just me or did some alien has abducted Stephanie’s body and shapeshifted into her as the first step of taking over the earth or has my best friend turned it into a psyco biatch over the summer?. Either way, I have to find out.