Surprise Visit

(Y/N)
This can't possibly be the tower.

I looked up at the tattered old building in front of me, my feet planted firmly in the alleyway. I stood silently in the puddle my dripping goopy body had created, feeling a pang in my gut at the realization of just how many abandoned skyscrapers there were in this city. Even if I went to visit 20 a day, there was no way to reach each one within the week. Defining which ones were all abandoned would take a day alone. This one, this one had people going in and out of it.

But it looked horrible on the outside, why would all these people be going in and out?

As I stood and stared at the building, I heard a woman shouting off in the distance. "Mist?" she shouted, panic in her voice. "Misty, baby where are you?!?"

I ignored it, muttering to myself, "That bastard set me up to fail. He knew I wasn't going to find that tower." I shoved my hands into my pockets, ignoring the cold wet feeling that shuttered it's way through my arms. This was all hopeless.

What I couldn't understand, no matter how much I got used to this new body, was how I was still alive. I know I died there in that pond, but something dragged me back here before I could pass over. I couldn't understand if I was alive again; if I was a ghost, or something else. Whatever it was, I was uncomfortable. I could never sleep, didn't need to eat, anything that a normal person would need to survive.

I let out a sigh, feeling my expression fall as my gaze stayed locked on the building in front of me. There was no possible way for me to find their tower. All I wanted was to leave the Darkpastas, to get with people who actually cared about me.

Like that boy I jumped into the pond after. 

Brian, I think his name was. Or Hoodie. I wasn't too sure anymore. My memories were as swirled and jumbled as the water stirring through my veins. He was there to save me, to help me. But that didn't matter anymore. As far as this darkened Slender Man was concerned, Brian was the enemy. Brian had to die.

Taking a deep breath, I turned to walk away from the abandoned tower.

At the end of the alley, before I could take a step, I saw a small child staring at me. Her big brown eyes stared up at me in awe and amazement. I wrapped myself in the hug, moving to step away. With the slightest movement, the child's face sprouted a smile. She giggled, bolting towards me with arms outstretched. I let out a yelp, backpedaling a few steps before I fell flat on my rear. The child continued her advancement, reaching a few steps away from me.

I looked the child up and down, not daring to move. A puddle of murky water formed beneath me as I continued to drip my existence on the ground below. The child seemed unphased by the water that made up my body.

Without any warning, the child lunged at me, wrapping my soaked body in a hug. Her clothing felt chilled from the seasonal winds of the outside, but beneath that, a pure warmth radiated. She was so warm, so kind, so pure. I felt my soggy eyes water, slowly lifting my arms to hug her back. Before I could return the hug, however, the child pulled away with a yelp, shaking my water from her arms as she looked me up and down. She pouted a bit, muttering some garbled child speak of words as she glared at the water that made up most of my body.

I frowned, watching her as she slowly unwrapped the scarf from around her neck and handing it to me. "Um, thank you," I mumbled, taking the scarf from her. "This isn't going to help much, though. I'm made out of water."

The child looked thoughtful for a second, opening her mouth to speak. Before she could mumble more child words, however, the shouting woman from earlier began shouting again. She sounded closer this time, and far more desperate. "Mist! Misty, please come to momma!"

"Oh!" the child shouted, looking excited. She reached for me, grabbing my hand and pulling me in the direction of the shouting woman's voice. "Oh! Oh! Dasunla momma!" she babbled. I stood up, a smile growing on my own face as I allowed the child to drag me along. The trail of water followed behind me as she dragged me to the end of the alley. "Momma," the kid yelled, jumping and waving her arms frantically. "Momma, momma! Fin fran in owie!"

"Fin fran in what?" I asked her, confusion growing on my face. As the child continued shouting and jumping, the woman shouted more. I watched a grown woman round the corner, panic on her face erasing in an instant as she looked at the child.

"Misty!" the woman yelled, rushing to embrace the child. I couldn't move. I couldn't think. I looked down at the woman. Her (h/c) hair was tightly fit under a soft wool knit cap, her (e/c) eyes hidden in the child's shoulder as I watched on. As the woman looked up, she caught sight of me. With a strangled gasp, she grabbed the kid and backed away. I don't blame her.

I gulped in a breath that I didn't need, saying softly, "Listen, I'm not going to hurt you."

"Who are you?" the woman whispered, looking me up and down.

I looked down at the ground, watching the puddle around my feet ripple in the breeze. "Well," I whispered, "I guess I'm you, (Y/N)."