Worrying and Library Search

Chapter 1: "Worrying and Library Search"

(((((Okay just to start off, there were only two updates before this one and it already hit 100 reads like wow.... THE STORY DIDN'T EVEN START YET!!! :D)))))

(Richard)
"You okay, Slendy?" I heard Brian ask. He walked next to me, looking in every direction except for me. He was making sure those Darkpastas weren't sneaking around, ready to attack. I let out a sigh, muttering, "What if the Darkpastas attack our hiding location when I'm away? What if we go back to find everyone dead?"

Brian shrugged. He was as lost as I. Not as worried, though. He appeared to have a faith in the other proxies that my worrying seemed to crush. "Who exactly are we meeting?" he questioned, looking at me once again.

"It's been a few years, Brian. I was supposed to look for a replacement after a couple weeks. I am finally looking for a new proxy to take Masky's place. An old friend of mine agreed to help me in the search for one," I responded, "we're meeting that friend and a few gathered options for the position as my new proxy."

"Oh," was all Brian said in reply. We continued to walk, looking around the library for the person we were meeting. I couldn't see a group of people gathered anywhere, and I was about to give up when we passed the back fire exit door. Through the small window in the door, I could spot a group of people gathered in the alley.

I stopped Brian in his tracks and directed him to the back door. "That little brat could have told me we were meeting outside the library. But noooooo she has me wandering aimlessly through the damn library!"

As Brian and I made our way to the front door of the library, a voice behind me called, "Yo Suits, where are you going?" I looked over my shoulder to see someone from the alley standing a few yards behind us. She had violet hair like Jinx's, but it was pulled up in a pony tail on the right side of her head. Her sly eyes were a blue-green color, mixing well in color with the freckles scattered across her face.

She took a few steps forward, looking Brian and I head to toe. "You two look oddly normal," she commented, scoffing. Her army green trench coat billowed in a non-existent wind, her matching shorts not getting the memo that they were supposed to billow. "Name's Logan," she said, smirking a bit when she stuck her hand out. As she took a deep breath, I saw the end of a scar above her belly button, peeking out from below her sleeveless rib tank.

"Richard," I replied, shaking her hand. "Richard Williams. Where did you come from?"

"Outside," she laughed, pointing to the fire exit.

I looked at the fire exit, quickly pointing out, "But that's a fire exit."

She laughed again, motioning for us to follow her. I pulled Brian with me, not sure if I trusted this Logan person or not. "She acted as though I didn't exist," Brian whispered, complaining. I peered at Logan for a second before whispering, "Because you're American. I'm German."

Brian gave me a weird look, and I continued, "Der Großman, the Tall Man?" A confused look stayed on his face, so I just gave up. Brian looked at Logan, asking, "Okay smart one, how do we get outside without tripping the alarm?"

When Logan's eyes narrowed, I quickly repeated the questin more politely with, "Wie kommen wir nach draußen, ohne den Alarm auszulösen?"

"We walk through the door," she answered simply, smiling at me. Brian gawked at me, as if he had no idea I could speak German. German is my natural language, I'm surprised he never knew I was fluent in both.

I stared at Logan, probably as surprised as Brian. "How?" I asked.

She smirked again, this one unsettling as she grabbed the front of my suit and Brian's hoodie. "Einfach," she chuckled, falling backwards towards the door with Brian and I tight in her grasp.

(((((Logan belongs to @KinkyAJ. And wow, I love this book already. Not that far in, seriously this is chapter 1!!! Yay!!! I love this so much! :3)))))