Byrd: Do you have any questions about anything?

Jas'marieé: Yes. Who brought us here?

Byrd: Well, a young man happened to come across you and Jacob's bodies as he roamed Manhattan. He called 911, and attended to the both of you. If he didn't stay there with you two, Jacob could've died if the cut went any deeper.

Young man? Who could've actually saved us? I barely know anyone in New York anymore.

Jas'marieé: Is this guy here?

Byrd: I don't believe so. Most likely, he's still here in order to get questioned.

Jas'marieé: So what happens now? What happens to Sevarion and Ryan?

Byrd: They're already being searched. We have a warrant for their arrest. It just depends if you want to press charges.

Jas'marieé: Of course. They killed my baby.

Byrd: I understand.

Suddenly, his walkie-talkie began to buzz. They mentioned something about diagnostics and fingerprinting at the crime scene. Byrd stood to his feet, placing his walkie-talkie on his hip.

Byrd: Well, we'll get back to you with all of the legalities in a while. Have a good night, Miss Gutierrez.

Jas'marieé: Thanks.

As he left, I sighed. This was really ridiculous.

A few minutes later, Tequarn, Nyah, and Jamee walked into the room, holding 'Get Well Soon' balloons and teddy bears. I smiled weakly.

Jas'marieé: Hey guys.

Tequarn: Are you okay, Jay?

Jas'marieé: Yeah. Just a little pain here and there. The sedatives soothe it, though.

Jamee: We rushed over here as soon as we could. MTV, VH1, and every news station is talking about this.

Nyah: Yeah! What happened?

Jas'marieé: Sevarion and his cousin, Ryan, attacked us in an alley by Broadway Dance. Sevarion stabbed Prince in his chest, and Ryan stabbed me in my stomach.

Tequarn: So you lost--

Jas'marieé: Yeah. I lost my first baby.

Tequarn: I'm so sorry, Jassie.

Nyah: What a fucking douche!

Jamee: Seriously. Just when you think you know someone.

Jas'marieé: Tell me about it. If I knew his ass was this crazy, I wouldn't have ever dated him.

Tequarn: Jay, you want me and the boys to jump him?

I shook my head.

Jas'marieé: No. Karma will get him worse than I ever could. Speaking of the boys, where are they?

Nyah: Prince's room.

Jamee: I wonder where Mikhaela is.

Nyah: Now, why the fuck would she come?

Tequarn: Mikhaela ain't like that. She'd still come, no matter how mad she is.

Jas'marieé: She would, wouldn't she?

Though Khae and I have been on the outs, she'd come through like a loyal friend. Where is she?

__________________________

{Meanwhile, Mikhaela's House, Sunday, October 24th}

(Mikhaela's P.O.V.)

Sevarion lifted off my shirt, smiling at me. This was how everything was supposed to be; just like old times. When we used to date, Sevarion would call me late at night to let me know he was coming over. This time, he didn't, which I found to be peculiar. He was also unusually silent.